Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: My apologies to Iowa

At my hubby's school, the name of the annual standardized test is IOWA. In an attempt to get the kids excited about the upcoming test, all the teachers dressed like they were from Iowa.



This is my husband's idea of an Iowaian (Iowa-ite?)

He's never been to Iowa.

I'm sorry, Iowa.


14 comments:

Bill said... Reply to comment

Haha! the best is the pocket square. (or is it a paper napkin?)

JMJE said... Reply to comment

I have also never been to Iowa but those outfits seem very Iowaian to me.

Unknown said... Reply to comment

Precisely how does one research how to dress like an Iowan?? That looks like KY actually and I should know I am in KY lol

Jessica said... Reply to comment

Did dressing up like an Iowaian work to get the kids excited about the test?

KLZ said... Reply to comment

Iowa has cowboys? You know what, I love that outfit so much I don't even care where he's supposed to be from.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

That's awesome! Seriously.

Liz said... Reply to comment

He needs some straw hanging out of his mouth!

Hutch said... Reply to comment

I've driven through Iowa and all there are is cornfields and maybe one "city." Might be called Des Moines or something? I think he'd fit right in.

gv said... Reply to comment

I've only been once, I don't remember the bandanas. LOL!

Cathy said... Reply to comment

hahhaahhahahahahaa!! This is hilarious to me. As a Minnesotan, we tend to make fun of Iowans all the time. IOWA= Idiots Out Walking Around. haha
Sorry, Iowa.

Shell said... Reply to comment

That is a really funny way to get ready for the test!

Tammy said... Reply to comment

Love your blog and pictures!

New follower from the hop.

www.tammykemp.blogspot.com

I love follow-backs :)

Sarah said... Reply to comment

A cowboy hat and - wait - are those ribbon suspenders??

Cheryl said... Reply to comment

LOL, that's awesome. Way better than all the cat stuff we did for FCAT (though the kids did love beating the snot out of the cat-shaped piñata).

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails