FOOLED YOU! I knew if I put Wordless Wednesday in the title, 50% of you would move on along down your Google reader list and call it a day. You'd be like me at Sams club with the free samples: "Oh, I couldn't! Well, maybe I'll just try it. Delicious! I think I might think about thinking about buying one." And I have absolutely no intention of buying the product.
But if you skip this one, you would have missed out on three things in this particular post: CUTE BABY PICTURES; lots of actual words; and my comparison of Rural Florida and West Virginia.
I was born and raised in West Virginia. Some of my very favorite people in the world were also born and raised in West Virginia. But come on, let's be honest, it's not the most sophisticated of places, which is OK because I'm not a sophisticated person.
I moved to Florida and I'm all, HOT DIGGITY DOG, no more hillbillies! Hoooooray! And sure enough, there are no hillbillies.
Because there are no hills.
Instead, we have rednecks.
Therein lies the first difference. Secondly, there are palm trees in Florida. Thirdly, the produce stands sell much more delicious fruit AND accept food stamps as payments, so that's different.
Other than that? Pretty similar, which just goes to show that a festival is a festival no matter in what state the organizers set up the [insert questionable meat product here] on-a-stick stands and shaky rides held together by duct tape, luck and a prayer.
Now, on to the pictures!
| So many strawberries you turn INTO a strawberry! |
| Chilling in a great big strawberry. |
| Delicious. |
| Candy, foam hats and jazz hands. This is my idea of fun these days. |
| Very grumpy baby in a very cute hat. |
| Apparently this is a "thing". |
| Maybe next year, my love. |
18 comments:
Great post and oh-so-true. I've never lived anywhere other than the Dub-V, but I've traveled to several places that are more (or at least equal) redneck than here! :)
The foam cowboy hat with jazz hands is stellar!
And emu oil? Totally grossed out just thinking about it.
I enjoy the Strawberry face pictures greatly.
Emu oil?
*scratching head*
I SO want to go to a strawberry festival. It looks decadent! I think wherever you move to, there's a local version of hillbillies! LOL
After seeing these on fb all I wanted was a choc covered strawberry and I can't! Gah!
Always love the cute baby and of course, jazz hands!
WOOOHOOOO!!!!
#JAZZHANDS!!!!
Rednecks, hillbillies, different names, same thing no matter where you go. we have them here in the still frozen tundra....not sure what they call them here, but trust me, they are around. ;)
We don't have the festivals around here, per se, but all the small towns take turns in the summer having their town days on a weekend. Rhubarb Festival, Latimer Fun Days (although technically only 1 day). Sourdough Days, I never could figure out what it had to do with the town. ;)
Dammit! Now I really want strawberries and a foam cowboy hat. My life feels incomplete.
I would comment but I'm too busy googling Emu oil. I have to know more about that immediately.
What does one do with emu oil? I mean, if you're not a redneck.
I would take rednecks and palmtrees over hillbillies and no palm trees any day.
I don't know which i want to nibble on more...Luke's little cheeks or that choco strawberry!
Ahhhh! You posted this post minutes after I made this year's end of March vacation plans to Florida. I was trying to get away from PA rednecks...
Chocolate covered strawberries are the best. I don't share them with my kids. I don't even let them get that close to my kids' mouths.
http://mytimeasmom.com
I'm totally jonesing for some chocolate and strawberries now...
Yay for cute pics of Luke, strawberries, chocolate and Jazz Hands! We have a strawberry festival too in the summer but we don't normally go to it because it is full of creeps. The parade is cool though!
LOL.... totally love it. And you were so close! I can't believe what a small, small world it really is. Those choc. covered strawberries were probablyl from my friend's booth too! Ok, next Strawberry Festival, we've gotta meet up! :)
You are hilarious!!! I love the jazz hands photo!
Post a Comment
Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.