Friday, September 24, 2010

Bet your local news is better than mine

Today I'm going to talk about asshats.

The people you see daily who wear their asses for a hat.

I'm sure you guys see them every day at work, at the grocery store, whilst sitting in traffic. Maybe even sometimes at your own home when your husband won't UNLOAD THE DISHWASHER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD THERE ISN'T SOME MAGIC DISHWASHING FAIRY THAT DOES IT.

Ahem.

This post is to help us better define what it means to be an asshat.

Gross
You know who is a big ol asshat? Lindsay Lohan. Really Lindsay, you couldn't make it to 30 days of sobriety before you failed a drug test. I don't know who on earth she's paying off, but I don't think I've ever seen a person, celebrity or not, who have ruined as many chances as she has. She's like a cat with 9 lives. The latest is after she failed the drug test she was out boozin' it up with her paid friends -- I mean, assistants -- and Tweeted about how sorry she was for letting everyone down and how she wanted to take full responsiblity. But not full responsibility for actually crafting the message, because according to US Weekly (which as you know NEVER gets anything wrong), her assistants helped her write it instead of her team of publicists, which begs the question, what exactly is she paying them for?

Asshats are people who have multiple assistants, yet have no discernible responsibilities or job. And giggle while they are confessing to failing a drug test.

Gross.
Last night Hubby and I were getting ready to go to bed and he checked his phone one last time. Smart phones are a blessing and a curse. I was half asleep and I hear him say WOAH!

Hub: "The Situation" is following me on Twitter. I followed a bunch of people from  Dancing With the Stars [TIME OUT here: he claims he does not enjoy Dancing With the Stars, but tell me then, why is it he'd follow them on the twat, hmmm? A mystery for another day.]
Me: He's probably one of those people who follow everyone who follows him.
Hub: I didn't follow him though. I followed others but not him because he's stupid.

So basically "The Situation" sought my husband out on Twitter for what reason...so he could get one more follower? Something stinks here, and I don't think it's Axe Body Spray and vodka...smells like...desperation.

Let's talk for one moment about "The Situation" and his nickname. Dude, your name is Michael. Mike. Let's get real, Mike: nobody created that name for you -- YOU made up your OWN nickname and it doesnt' even make sense.

My blog friends have amazing nicknames. BBCD? That makes sense. Random Blogette? That makes sense. Chicken? That makes sense.

But "The Situation"? What situation, exactly? Is it his abs? His tan? His hair? I don't understand. Am I too old to understand? Maybe his situation is how terribly he treats women. Now that would make sense.

*Breaking news!  Apparently it is not the REAL "The Situation" but a "The Situation" imposter! well he's still an asshat if for no other reason that that ridiculous nickname. Definition updated to reflect this news.*

An asshat is also someone who creates a lame nickname for himself and then follows random people in a desperate attempt to increase his Twitter followers and thus his quickly ticking 15 minutes of fame.

Then, locally, there is a TV station who basically hires students all the live long day to stink up the place with their terrible reporting and inability to use a professional camera. It's like a comedy that is always renewed and never goes on summer hiatus. We were watching the other night and two things were notable:
  1. One of the anchors not only has a severe case of bitchface, but also has recently gotten extensions. Let's just say that HD does not treat this lady well. You could hang a hammock in her frown lines and sit a spell. She clearly hates her co-anchor -- think Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy after they break up (and if you haven't seen it, what's wrong with you? go rent it now!) So anyway, sisterfriend had short hair and then suddenly the next day it's 6 inches longer. Lady -- you are on TV. We can see the change. Horse hair in HD is not a good look for you. You ain't no spring chicken.
  2. The sports DIRECTOR is like, 14 years old. Or at least he looks 14 years old. Now I am thankful for good genes that make me look a little younger than I really am; however, I ain't no director of nothing. This guy looked like yesterday he was downing a bottle of formula and rocking quietly in a baby swing and then today put on his big boy pants and became sports director. It's like he crawled out of the womb with a microphone in his hand and on to the terrible set made of cheap Plexiglas, silver spray paint and dreams. The worst part is that he didn't have the fainest idea what was going on. I'm shocked he doesn't just wander around the set interviewing the desk or something.
An asshat is someone who goes for the cheap extensions even though her livelihood is in high-definition. And also someone who gets a promotion even though he is basically an infant. 


Actually, maybe I'm just a little jealous of that last one.


How do you define asshat?

This post has been a part of Word Up, Yo!, a vocabulary meme. Go play along!

header 
150x150

22 comments:

just call me jo said... Reply to comment

As a former English teacher, I'm always grateful to improve and advance my vocabulary. I thought they were just "ass holes." (as we say in Idaho) But "ass hat" is so much more politically correct and sophisticated. It's all about sophistication when we refer to Lindsay, The Situation, and unfortunate reporters. I truly hate all asshats and asshatwannabes.

SurferWife said... Reply to comment

I need you and your husband to know that I am a tad disconcerted (did I use that word correctly?) that The Sitch isn't following me.

You know, I have the likes of Speidi following me for God's Sake. I need the Sitch for my collection.

#greatfrostytastetest

AM said... Reply to comment

Great post. I've been wondering the same thing about some of these people. Love the term "asshhat". Glad to know there are others who think the same. Thanks for making me smile today!

KLZ said... Reply to comment

And also, if you fail a drug test in one week, how do you immediately do it again? How was she not in jail before she had time to do it again? Isn't that the whole point of probation?

I wonder if the situation is not tweet stalking your husband. I hope there's more to that story.

Rachel said... Reply to comment

LOL!!! I love this line "and I don't think it's Axe Body Spray and vodka" because I am pretty sure that is absolutly what that guy smells like! bahaha

JMJE said... Reply to comment

I think LiLo is the definition. At least for today. She needs to get it together.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

An asshat is someone who doesn't close the freezer door completely and makes my Ben and Jerry's turn into soup. (Thx, TO.)

Liz said... Reply to comment

what a way to put a smile on my face this friday!

i laughed a LOT. and these are both definite asshats. can we follow your husband on twitter? and then lust over him following the DWTS cast???

gv said... Reply to comment

Hilarious! I can't stand L. Lohan-barf!

Natalie said... Reply to comment

Love.this.post.

The pic of LL is just perfect!

BNM said... Reply to comment

LMFAO!!!!!

The Random Blogette said... Reply to comment

LMAO! I heart you! Thanks for saying that my nickname is cool. As for LiLo, she needs to be thrown in jail and never heard from again. She is such a train wreck. At least with Britney Spears, I kinda felt sorry for her. With LiLo..I have no sympathy for her. She is a an asshat for realz!

And screw the Situation. He isn't even that good looking. Now Pauly D. I could get behind...I mean on top of that! Well, minus all of the STDs.

Grimmgirl said... Reply to comment

I am proud to say I have never heard of "The Situation." And I'm SO with you on Lohan -- total asshat with a feather in it!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

And you forgot to mention that "The Situation" is extremely old too! He's running around acting like he's 22 and he's actually in his 30's. He's such an asshat!

The Blogging Goddess said... Reply to comment

I just loved your captions under the photos, which says it all...gross. LMAO! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Stephanie in Suburbia said... Reply to comment

HILARIOUS! I think you've made a good start here, but have you considered doing a sports-themed asshat column? I could give you some to start with: Terrel Owens, Ochocinco, Randy Moss. Discuss.

Logical Libby said... Reply to comment

HD is a friend to no one. It's why I'm behind the camera.

And I thought "the situation" referred to the burning in his crotch.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

What a funny post. I like the near outburst about the dishwasher... "ahem" way to gather yourself. You are hilarious.

Hutch said... Reply to comment

I love that you referenced bitchface! It's a fave term of mine :) I scanned over the Lindsay Lohan part, out of principal. I refuse to read anything about her, funny or not, please don't hate me.

I don't watch our news very often, but our anchors have been on the air since my childhood and still have not aged. Seriously, the weather guy had a receding hairline 20 years ago and it's still in the same place!

Salt said... Reply to comment

I prefer to think of The Situation as his nickname only because I don't need him tainting the name Mike for me.

Allyson said... Reply to comment

Well you would think that when I do all my catch-up, I would not start at the beginning and work my way back because it's really just spoilers all over the place. Alas, it's what I do. Lindsay is beyond explainable and not only is she an asshat, but also a hobag. However, Brittney seems to have fallen off the face of the earth, so we have to have SOMEBODY. I can't keep up...is Lindsay doing guys or girls or both now??

Oh, and while we don't have the glory or comedy of those news reporters in KY, we DO have them in GA. Although my only question...how can a student have such atrocious frowlines?? That is someone who has been rode hard and put up soaking wet.

Cheryl said... Reply to comment

Oh, how I do not miss that local TV station! Although, it did provide endless fodder to ridicule. "The Situation" is the PERFECT definition of an asshat. I feel dirty just typing his ridiculous nickname.

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails