Saturday, February 13, 2010

The post where I complain about some things

You know? It's close to 11 and I'm pretty beat. I get super grumpy when I'm tired. So the better plan would be put my PJs on and get a good night's sleep. But instead, I'm going to write a list of things that are currently pissing me off.
  • I hate having my plans changed last minute. I am not what you call a "spontaneous" person. Like at all. I need to know exactly what's going to be happening that day, have a plan in place and carry out the plan. I ain't a happy camper if things are suddenly changed, which they were today. You know, I wasn't always like this. I used to not care. I used to be flexible. But for whatever reason, it makes me antsy and irritable.
  • Why do I always clean out the litter boxes? I dont' know how many times I have to ask Hubby to clean them out, both passively ("Gosh that's that smell? Smells like litter in here. Sick. Don't invite anybody over until they get cleaned out, ok?") and agressively ("Can you just clean out the litter boxes ONCE in your life?") Then he'll do it once in a blue moon LITERALLY and acts like he freaking won a nobel prize. It's a crappy job in every since of the world, I get that. I hate it too. But do you want the house we own to smell like a zoo? Do you HAVE a sense of smell? 
  • Why is it so frackin cold in Florida? Guess what the temprature was yesterday....JUST GUESS. I'll wait. Ok, I'm done waiting. IT WAS 32 DEGREES. WTH you guys? I moved to Florida for a R-E-A-S-O-N. What did we do to Mother Nature to make this happen? Is it because I bought a new winter coat on clearance and said I was afraid it wasn't going to be warm enough to wear it? I wasn't serious, Mother Nature, I could have waited until next season, thanks.
  • I don't understand some college men and they way they treat women. I have a certain friend who has been really strung along by a guy she likes. It makes me absolutely furious. I'm so far removed from it, but at the same time, that kind of heartache is so memorable that I can't help but put myself in her shoes, and it gives me the sads. I want to scream at him, but it's not my place. It's insanely disrespectful.
  • Dear Bell South: I know that I called you last weekend to ask why my internet wasn't working and you said there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, but THERE IS OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK 65% OF THE TIME. Get your act together. Annoyed, me.
Sorry this is so Negative Nelly but like I said, I should probably just go to bed instead of post this and I'll be better tomorrow. And hopefully funnier. 

23 comments:

gv said... Reply to comment

I totally agree with number 1...plans are made for a reason-don't make them if you can't keep 'em!!! If I'm ever the one who has to change them then I feel guilty as all get out!!! Florida was cold when were there there in December-I didn't even get to wear flips!!! Hope tomorrow/today is better!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

Don't even get me started on guys.....

Sorry you had a bummer day. I heard about the temps in florida and I thought of you. I was like eww I bet she's cold today. Hang in there!

Sarah Beth said... Reply to comment

Oh, I so have those days! And it usually stems from my carefully constructed plans not working out, too. I would love to love to be able to just "go with the flow" but it stresses me out too much! Hope today is better!

Tracie said... Reply to comment

If you can't complain on your own blog, where can you complain? I hope today is a better day for you.

PS I live in Russell, KY and I went to Marshall for undergrad and grad school. Small world.

Stephanie said... Reply to comment

Thank you for your rant because I am annoyed by all the same things!!

jessalyn said... Reply to comment

sometimes you just need to vent! we all have those days!
hope today was better :)

Daisygirl said... Reply to comment

Really??? It gets that cold in Florida..wow! Today in Az we were all wearing shorts and flip flops enjoying our 70 degree day!

Venting is always good ;)

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Hey it is TOTALLY ok to vent sometimes. That's what blogs are for! Plus sometimes it makes you sleep better if you get it all out.

I cannot believe the temps you guys are having down there. My mom lives in Charleston, SC and they got several inches of snow the other day. I am fully creeped out by that.

Also it took forevers to get M to help me with the litter boxes! OMG it was so frustrating.

CynthiaK said... Reply to comment

You're allowed to complain once in a while, especially on your own blog. ;)

Oh, and I laughed when I just read your comment on Crumbs about it being cold up here in Canada. I think it's colder down there right now - we can't keep the snow intact at the winter games, for pete's sake!! LOL!

MariahSmile said... Reply to comment

I hate to have my plans changed last minute too! I get so worked up about doing something then its crushing when everything goes wrong!

AssertiveWit said... Reply to comment

I'd only view you as a Negative Nelly if you were bitching and complaining in EVERY post but since you aren't (not from what I've read), I consider it to be more on the humorous side :)

Glad I'm following you; looking forward to reading more!

JMJE said... Reply to comment

Yes, I'm also agreeing with #1. I used to not be like that. I was all oh, yeah lets just see what happens. But now I'm like a super planner and don't like it when things get messsed up.

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said... Reply to comment

I totally know what you mean about plans changing. I'm the same way and it drives me nuts. I dated a guy who constantly changed things on me and it eventually broke us up.

Sarah said... Reply to comment

Before we were married, my husband cleaned out the cat litter DAILY. I know, right!? A real keeper.
Seriously, we had a wedding almost five years ago, and barring the time that I was pregnant, he has cleaned it about 5 times.
And, OH, the college angst! Ugh. Thank God it's over.

just call me jo said... Reply to comment

I came to your blog because I read a comment by you on some other blog and you used the word "shitty." I love that word. It's so appropriate sometimes.
Then I read your negative list and I knew I'd be a follower. I love your attitude and you occasional lapses to negativity (or as I call it "reality.") Those sweet, syrupy blogs give me a headache.
Thanks for letting me in.

Jenny Brown said... Reply to comment

...stopping over from Lady Bloggers and SITS to say hello.......I'm laughing my way through some of your posts.......You're too funny and I'm looking forward to snooping around your blog......

Unknown said... Reply to comment

Yes - #1 is my biggest pet peeve too. I like to have my day planned & I especially hate when people invite me to something last minute! I love your blog :)

Serendipity said... Reply to comment

This post really made me smile! I think it's good to vent occasionally :) Congrats on being featured at LBS!

Kelly Miller said... Reply to comment

I think men think they deserve a prize just for breathing, and most definitely for using their breath to accomplish any of the crap women have on their to-do lists. This is why we don't have pets, actually. I don't need yet another thing to not get help with! ;)

Debby6119 said... Reply to comment

Thanks for the RANT...I enjoyed it just knowing someone faces the same challenges! And congrats on being the featured blogger!!!! I am now a follower for sure.

Kaitlin said... Reply to comment

Hello, stopping by from Lady Blogger Society! Congrats on being the first featured blogger!

I'm totally with you in the litter box thing. My husband gets really lazy with cleaning out the litter box. It's like I have to remind him ten times before he finally does something about it. Gah!

But you should be able to vent in your own blog. I mean, it's your blog! Hope you're having a fabulous day! :)

notquiteawake said... Reply to comment

I still think you're funny. Grumpy or not.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

You're adorable! I just found ya through Lady Bloggers...happy featured post day, mama! :o)

P.S. I soooo yearn to be in FL. My sister and her fiance are honeymooning in Disney in a few weeks. If only I could stowe along in the suitcase. Not appropriate for honeymoons, though. Oh pish.

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails