Thursday, January 28, 2010

Parking, Payton and my sister (alliteration isn't my thing, OK?)

This blog  will feature three things that probably don't warrant their own blogs, but are each blogworthy in their own right. I'm terrible at transitions so bear with me.
I've talked before about our new parking garage (and in case anyone is wondering, the garage walking thing happened for aabboouuut a week before I got tired of it). Here's some background: the surface lot next to the building has only enough spaces for half the building at a time. We used to park there on an even/odd schedule (so, I would park there every even day and across the street on odd days). Since the garage opened and the even/odd restrictions were lifted, it's been a free or all on the surface lot.

The garage holds people from the hospital that's next to our building AND all of our employees (except the ones who  park in the surface lot because they get here at buttcrack-of-dawn o'clock every morning). So if you get here after the hospital early shift starts (7 a.m.) you're forced to park 4th floor or above. Now everybody knows I'm a lazy person and walking up and down 4 flights of stairs every morning isn't my cup of tea. I truly dread that freaking garage. Sometimes I'll drive through the surface lot and see what's available if I get in early enough, but there is NEVER a spot.

Except for Tuesday.

I thought I was out of luck until I drove around. Lo and behold, there was one single space left. The Heavens opened and Angels began singing, God said, "Here you go, my child, I love you so much that I've given you this parking space", and golden light shone right on the parking space. I raced around to the other side to get it.

And this is what I found:


Tell me what kind of tiny-ass car can fit in a spot like that? tell me? Does it look like I'm driving a SmartCar or a Mini or a scooter? NO. I'm driving a full size car and that great big SUV is ruining my day! It would kill that person to just pull up a little bit? Mercy!

I need to get  to get to the next topic. Hmm....

How about a picture of my cat?




Hello. My name is Sushi.

Ain't he cute? He likes to watch basketball by standing right in front of the screen.

Speaking of sports (YES! TRANSITIONS!), the Superbowl is coming up! It's called that because it's "super" that football will not be on again until August! I am really torn as to who I'm going to "vote" for. Colts or Saints? Here's a list I wrote to help me decide.

Why the Saints Should Win
  • Because New Orleans suffered a terrible tragedy a few years ago and for awhile there was talk that the city wouldn't even HAVE a team, but then they rebuilt and did awesome one year and now it's a few years later and they are the poster-children for Overcoming Adversity, so cheering for the Saints is pretty much the same as cheering for America
  • Reggie Bush is dating Kim Kardashian and her show is unintentionally  hilarious and awesome
  • The following is my favorite commercial on ESPN:
  •  
    And I just love it when he goes "Drew BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!" For awhile I had no idea what that meant, I just liked how he said it, until Hubby explained the whole commercial to me and told me Drew BREEEEEEEEEEES plays on the Saints. So there's that. 
But then Hubby reminded me that Payton Manning plays on the Colts and that he also stars in some really amazing commercials like this one:



And this one too:



And also?



I mean, it's really a difficult decision. Which commercial is more legendary? Taking that into consideration, here is my other list:


Why the Colts Should Win
  • Payton Manning is in awesome commercials with Justin Timberlake, and my love for NSYNC is true and undying even though they are broken up ALTHOUGH I'm pretty sure they never announced it; So yeah, Payton Manning is almost like a member of NSYNC. 
Sorry, that trumps Kim Kardashian any day.

So, Go Colts!

Know who else hates football and loves NSYNC?  My sister. (These transitions are on FI-YAH today!)

My sister is awesome, witty and hilarious. AND my BFF. AND I think she's doing the blogsphere a disservice by NOT having a blog to entertain the world (or, more specifically, to entertain me, which she's been doing her whole life and for which I'm forever grateful). The only problem is, she's stuck on finding a good name for her blog.

So, I need some suggestions to help her get the ball rolling. Here are some facts about her:
  • she is beautiful
  • she has redish/strawberry blonde hair
  • she is super smart
  • she is an accountant who works for a media company and gets me amazing free or discounted merch all the time
  • she just got married last June
  • she loves Disney
  • she has a nice house
  • she will probably comment on this and add more
Any ideas for her blog name?

16 comments:

Stephanie said... Reply to comment

Haha so you are basically saying JT trumps America.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

Oh you'll SOO have to let me know if your sister starts blogging lol.

I'm totally rooting for the Saints because I heard Reggie is going to ask Kim to marry him if they win. And since i watch the show...I want to see another wedding haha

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Tell your sister I NEED HER. As an about to be newlywed, I love to read other newlywedded blogs and she would be doing me a great service by starting one. I can help you peer pressure her also. I'm VERY good at that.

Ok I know I'm just going to add insult to injury about the parking space because I *cough* do drive a MIni and could totally fit in there *cough* but yeah that SUV is an a-hole and there is no way any normal car could have fit. I am the note leaving type and would have left him a note. Jerkface!

erin said... Reply to comment

I love the sony reader commercial AND want a sony reader very badly.

But I can't decide between a reader and a kindle. ick.

JMJE said... Reply to comment

I have also been torn about who to vote for in the Superbowl. I was leaning towards New Orleans solely for the Kim Kardashian connection. I don't know anyone who is dating a Colt. Also last year was the first time I was truly excited about the Superbowl and it was only b/c a supersized episode of The Office came on afterwards. They should really throw out a supersized HIMYM after one of these superbowls.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said... Reply to comment

Steph - YES! Anything related to NSYNC trumps everything else. Sorry, America. You're a close second.

Jennifer -- OK, this information might make me change my mind...I'm a sucker for engagements.

Salt - I hate you for your tiny smart car! At that moment I wished I could shrink my car to smart-car proportions. Ugh!

Erin - Go with Sony Reader! If it's good enough for JT, it's good enough for me. :)

JMJE - YES a supersized HIMYM would make it so much better. That's what I"m watching right now!

Tracie said... Reply to comment

I'm terrible at picking out names. My blog name came from my Rock Band Name. Tell her to just pick one and get started.

Jackie said... Reply to comment

I would leave to see Sarah start a blog! I am, unfortunately, having no good ideas for a blog name. The Next Blog Network Star perhaps? ;)

Vee said... Reply to comment

Happy SITS Saturday! What a fun blog!

In my opinion, JT pretty much does trump everything else, I'm with Amanda.

I don't know your sister, but I love finding new blogs! =]

CynthiaK said... Reply to comment

SUVs always make me crazy, parked or not.

Your cat is adorable! I'd give anything to have a cat again...instead of a freaking dog...Sigh.

Sarah Beth said... Reply to comment

Stopping by from SITS - and good call on the COLTS! I'm a HUGE Peyton/Colts fan, although I do like the Saints. Happy Saturday!

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said... Reply to comment

Tracie -- Very cool Rock Band name AND blog name. Our is Formaldahyde Shark (Long story). I might just come up with one and surprise her with it!

Jackie, I LIKE! I told her what you said and she said it was a good one.

Veronia, Happy SITS Saturday to you, too! That's such a cool site. I'm so glad I found it.

Cynthia, That's just one of 4, that's right, 4 cats! He's the "baby" of the bunch. We have one dog too.

Sarah Beth, I presume you like them for reasons OTHER than Peyton's affiliation with Justin Timberlake!?

G said... Reply to comment

NO to football
yes to kittywittyface!

Cathy said... Reply to comment

I'm rooting for the Saints. Why? Who knows.

Thanks for the comment on my baby post...very interesting.

Following you now!

Kiera said... Reply to comment

i would totally be the person to squeeze into that space. no matter how much i dont' fit. hahh

as for the football. football? how do you even know who's palyign?!

and a blog name- i didnt start my blog for forever because i couldnt think of a name. here is a suggestion- have the url be at her name (www.myname.blogspot...) and then she can just make up a title as it fits, once she starts blogging and figures out what she actually wants to blog about. orrrrrr ItsBlogworthysSister
orrrrr CrazySexyCool
orrrr RealLifeDisneyPrincess
orrrr HappilyEverAfterWithAGoodJobWithFreePerks.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said... Reply to comment

I love the connection with JT, Manning and the Colts. Its the only reason im considering rooting for them...cause of my husband, JT. Yes, im bias.

P.S. Loved the car/parking blog! Literally 'LOL'! haha you crack me up!

~Allison Timberlake

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails