Today I'm not here -- I'm guest posting at And Nobody Told Me. Go check it out. Its pretty much the most honest blog ever about motherhood. so back to your regularly scheduled programming of trash and nonsense tomorrow.
Meanwhile here's a little something for you to ponder: who are more dorky- civil war
Re-enactors or ren Faire people? discuss in the comments.

7 comments:
Definately civil war re-enactors :p as I attend a yearly fantasy/medieval fair myself and dorkily dress up as lotr-style elf. Oh well, maybe it's dorky, but it's so much fun, and we all need to let the inner child out once in a while! Besides, at the fair I got to everyone just dresses up and goes through the stands and watches shows, we don't pretend to be fairies and act whole stories out :p so definately civil war!
Oooh, tough one but I'm gonna have to go with Renn Faires. At least Civil War (or any) reenactors are based in historical fact and are a part of preserving parts of history that might otherwise be confined to static museums.
Faires, on the other hand, are a mix of history and fantasy, sometimes more the latter than the former for the participants, therefore just fun and games. I was part of the SCA for a while which is more concerned with accuracy than a Renn Faire but not quite as strict as a Reenactment Society.
And I'm going to my first Renn Faire this weekend--we'll see if my opinion changes, lol.
I think it's safe to say that both share an equal amount of dorkiness. However, they seem to do what they love which sort of cancels out any amount of dorkiness there may or many not be. :)
I love And Nobody Told Me! I am super jealous that you get to post there! Sweet!
Now as for Ren fairs vs civil War re-enacters... That is a hard one becuase I have a cousin that does Ren Fairs! But still I think that they are both equally dorky!
Civil war reenactors for sure. Ren faire people are having fun but civil war reenactors are so damn sanctimonious.
Off the top of my head and before reading your blog post, I'm going to say ren faire people! Now to read your post!
I am going to have to go ahead and disagree...I have friends who got married in like mega Ren-Fest style and they are OBSESSED. Like they really get worked up about things "being period." I'm shuddering as I write this.
Post a Comment
Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.