Monday, April 12, 2010

It's Monday all day, even when part of it is spent in bed

I didn't blog all weekend because I just wasn't feeling very funny or bloggy and I have a reputation to maintain. Especially since Ian challenged me on Twitter to write something funny OR ELSE. I'm going to try and make this rant as funny as possible.

I woke up this morning really sick, like sit-in-front-of-the-toilet-try-not-to-vom sick. Fifteen minutes later, I realized that ain't no way I'm getting to work at 8 am so I called and let them know I'd be a little late. I ate some cereal and got a couple extra hours sleep.

I woke up rejuvinated (sort of) and was on my way to work  thinking, what a lovely, spring day. Too bad I have to spend it at work. And then I reached over to grab my purse to put on my lipstick and OH GUESS WHAT -- It's not in my car. Well I thought, screw this, I don't need anything in that purse anyway and kept on going.

Then as I'm driving, I pass the Checkers and they had a Bacon, Swiss and Mushroom burger advertised. I'm all, excuse me? Queasy person driving past your fine establishment and you're going to put the most disgusting combination of foods ever on your sign board? Checkers, you're dead to me.

And then there was this guy running down University Ave. without a shirt. Just a pair of tiny running shorts and a smile, muscles rippling in the wind. And I thought, DUDE, as chiseled as your upper body is, and I'm sure you're mighty proud of it, but it's 10:30 and, like 70 degrees out. Shirtless when it's less than 90 degrees out is gratuitous. And also? I'm pretty sure if you had a beer gut you wouldn't be jogging shirtless, so this is very clearly a cry for attention, so I guess mission accomplished for that guy since I'm writing about him in my blog.

Then I didn't get a space on the lot, but that's the price you pay for coming in late. It all evens out because a couple weeks ago I got the most fab parking space of them all:


Now here's where I try to win some giveaways and help my fellow bloggers:

Listen, I'm shameless and I don't even CARE. But these are some of my favs regardless of the free stuff they give out! I never win anyway, so might as well give my readers a chance.

Tune in this week for another It's Blogworthy award, cat dancing and a little blast from the past.

21 comments:

Ian said... Reply to comment

That's great. I like the part about the Rock Star parking. To me, that's Porn Star Parking. Rock Star parking is within the first five spots. But if you get the first spot as in who-do-I-have-to-give-a-handy-to-for-the-first-spot?

That my friend is PSP and I ain't talkin some Sony device.

Salt said... Reply to comment

Cat dancing!? I'm SO THERE.
Thank you for the little shout! :)

How the heck did you get such rockstar parking coming in late? That's an early person's parking spot, you lucky girl!

And yes that burger sounds so gross. Not to further gross you out or anything, but it reminded me how yesterday we ended up going to Red Robin and M ordered this heinous concoction with 3 different kinds of cheese, meat and onion rings on it. I asked the waitress if we could get a defibrillator with that.

Unknown said... Reply to comment

lmbo @ the shirtless jogger.. hoping ya feel better soon

foxy said... Reply to comment

I heart rockstar parking. It makes you feel all oooo-la-la.

Hutch said... Reply to comment

I understand the being funny pressure and the sicklies definitely take some of that. I hate the shirtless runners, I'd definitely say they have confidence issues. You want me to stare? Well I'm just going to laugh at you instead.

The Only Girl said... Reply to comment

Loved the rant - but can't believe you blew off an entire sick day in favour of half a sick day.

Sarah said... Reply to comment

Took a good look at those muscles, eh Amanda?

Sorry you feel icky.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

You've inspired me to restart a blog. I'm not sure how good its going to be since I don't do much of anything but I'm pretty sure I'll have a random thought or rant to share! Good stuff AA!

Tracie said... Reply to comment

I hope you're feeling better now. I can't get into the blogging groove these days. I don't even have a good excuse.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

I always get excited when I score Rock Star parking, I tell anyone that will listen.
Thanks for stopping by my wee little blog the other day.
I love what you got going on here. and since i'm all for kittens smiling, I'm now a follower.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

I am sorry you felt icky and then had to see the sign for the food, but atleast you felt better.

I hope you haven't gotten worse.

PS I would have gone back for my purse - I am lost without it!

liz said... Reply to comment

Totally agree with you on the shirtless runner. And I LOVE that you are teasing us with future posts! Will the cats dancing involve a video???

SurferWife said... Reply to comment

The pressure to be funny from Ian escalates blood pressure, no?

I scored big on Twitter and got a slight nod from the bog BlogFather yesterday.

Feel better, and I am with Cher on not taking an entire sick day? WTH?

Kiera said... Reply to comment

there were a group of guys running shirtless and that was my reaction, too. like, hello im wearing gloves.

Cathy said... Reply to comment

Ok, so there's these two dudes who always run in my town. They're very tan and muscley and wear no shirts and bandanas on their heads. Totally douchey. I need to sneak a pic of them sometimes. JT and I laugh every time we see them. And we always see them running across the bridge. I don't know if they just keep running back and forth across it or what, but that's the only place I see them.

Alyna said... Reply to comment

Ouch. I really hear you (very unfortunately!) on that "...really sick, like sit-in-front-of-the-toilet-try-not-to-vom sick." I had a day like that this past week and went straight back to bed. Woke up later went to the bathroom to find the toilet seat up and thinking "What the *beep*? Has Alex (the boyfriend) been here???" then remembering I lifted it in fear of tossing my cookies. It is a spectacular start to the day, no? :-(

Anyway, I'm a fellow Lady Blogger and SITS girl so I'm just out visiting blogs!

Phew. That was a long comment!

Have a great week blogging!
~ Alyna
The Gift Detective

Kitty Deschanel said... Reply to comment

Lol. Checkers (whatever that is) messed with the wrong person! Why would anyone put mushrooms on anything?? Ick!

Lamb’s Most Recent Post: Guest Bloggers Needed!

Sarah Beth said... Reply to comment

I love cheese fries, too - but my least fave is Buffalo Wild Wings. Their potato wedges are fab, but they use this weird nacho cheesy fake sauce stuff. Not good for any true cheese fry lover.

Glad we're blog friends again! :) I'm so far behind on your life (and that of every other blogger I've neglected over the past few weeks)!

Cheryl said... Reply to comment

I finally got my computer to cooperate with your blog... yay! That is one sweet parking spot. I hope you're feeling better.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

I hope you're feeling better now! I'm gonna have to email you the dates for when I'm going to be in Orlando. Maybe we can hit up Disney or Universal together? It's gonna be a week day though.

Jackie said... Reply to comment

I'm with you - many times I don't blog because I don't feel like I have anything interesting to say that day. Got to feel inspired! I wish I could make the everyday stuff as interesting and fun to read as you do!

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails