Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Y'all, I'm getting ready to be rich in like 2 seconds

Do you ever have those days where everything is just going right for you? Traffic is light, coffee was already brewed when you got in to the office, the sun is shining and you open your email to no less than three investment opportunity offers? That's totally my life, people.

I just don't know how I got so lucky. I mean, I never realized when I submitted my email address to sign up for yet another newsletter or access another quiz that it would  possibly bring me so much fortune. I could totally use some big bags of money and since XM still won't pay me to be their 90's on 9 spokeswoman (each and every song on that station is my JAM), I feel so blessed.

Here's the first one from Mr. Yuan Jinyang.



Mr. Jinyang, I will  forgive you for calling me paul and unnecessarily scaring me with EMERGENCY EMAIL!!! Because you know what? This was an emergency. A money making emergency. USD45,275,000.00 doesn't just make itself, you know. I'm pretty sure that he means over $45 million times a million. I can't even do that math; I tried to multiply that bad boy on my phone calculator and my phone turned off. It's like my phone died from the shock of me having that much money.

And if Mr. Jinyang's email wasn't exciting enough, I got this one, too:


Listen, Mario -- can I call you Mario? Mr. Douglas sounds so formal --please don't apologize for finding my name through that search engine inquiry because the main thing is you found me. It's just amazing that two people can find each other amongst the wilds of the World Wide Web, that vast and unexplored virtual territory, and create a beautiful investment opportunity together. We'll make sweet, sweet money.

I hope it's OK that I'm not director or CEO of anything. Actually, I'm Director of Household Operations. Does that count? I'm confident it does. I'm also confident that this IS a unique opportunity and this email hasn't gone out to any other directors or CEO. More money for me that way.

I hear Peninsula Island British is lovely this time of year.

Then here is the most amazing one of all. Before you read on, please promise me you wont' get jealous. Jealousy is really ugly and it doesn't look good on you. You're so much better than that emotion. Besides, I promise I'll share all this money with you, my bloggy friends.

Now here's the email that shocked me most....a message from  Mrs. Suha Arafat.

Here's the full text:

INVESTMENT PARTNERSHIP PROPOSAL:
From: Mrs. Suha Arafat:
Dear Friend,
My name is Mrs. Suha Arafat, the wife of late Yasser Arafat, the Palestinian leader who died six years ago in Paris. I got your email address from lists of Emails Leads of World Population Achieves Data from the internet.
The reason why I writing you is to seek your partnership on a transaction of mutual benefit to you and me. If you are interested in partnering with me for investments, please provide me with the following listed information:
.
YOUR NAME IN FULL
YOUR OFFICE OR RESIDENTIAL ADDRESS
TEL, MOBILE AND FAX NUMBER.

Upon hearing from you, I will get back to you with details.
Respectfully Submitted,

Mrs. Suha Arafat.
Why, you want to share your bags of money with lil ol me? Sign me up, friend! I knew that adding my email to the Emails Leads of World Population Achieves Data database would really pay off someday in a real kind of way.

I'm going to email her and see if I can go ahead and get an advance on the money I'll be making. I think, like, $40k would be fiiiiine. Yes, that will hold me over. And I know she's good for it.

So, thank you Jesus, for Mrs. Arafat, Mr. Yuan Jinyang and Mr. Mario Joe Douglas. And thank you AOL for not sending these directly to my spam folder. And yes, it's AOL - DON'T HATE.

47 comments:

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

wooo hooo, just remember us when you're rich and famous haha!

Those emails are just too much, they drive me crazy! :)

My Mercurial Nature said... Reply to comment

Too freakin' funny!! I hope you're planning ways to spend all this hard earned money! ;-)

Rebecca Sue Peters said... Reply to comment

Have you heard of http://www.419eater.com/html/joe_eboh.htm ?? It's a hilarious website where they spam the spammers!

Babes Mami said... Reply to comment

Damn my spam filters! Blocking me from these amazing opportunities!!

alison said... Reply to comment

and here I though that I was the only one Mrs. Arafat contacted. My self-esteem is bashed. Please don't forget about all of us little people once you've cashed in on your gajabillions (which is, in fact, the correct term for that many zeroes....I googled it, you can ALWAYS believe everything on google!)

Sarah Mac said... Reply to comment

Why don't I get these kinds of investment opportunities from AOL? I think my favorite one of these is the emergency email to Paul, but nothing beats that jerky business opportunity you had!!!

Daydream Believer said... Reply to comment

OMG!!! What a coincidence!! I received several of these emails today too!! See you at the millionaires' club, hot stuff!

Brooke said... Reply to comment

Nice! This cracks me up. I, too, have been contacted by various venture capitalists of possibly-legitimate foreign nations. My favorite was when a relative of mine with the same last name (my incredibly unique, one-of-7 in the world, Ellis Island-created Polish maiden name) died in Malaysia and Mr. George S. Washington needed my help in securing the wealth in said dead relative's bank account. Who knew that someone related to me has USD $4.5 Bilon (yes, spelled that way)?!? It amazes me that people fall for this crap. Thankfully, gmail catches most of this crap, but they are highly entertaining.

SurferWife said... Reply to comment

oh see? This is perfect. You're rich and I am famous. We are the perfect match made in heaven. Prepare for the Paparazzi shitstorm to arrive any minute now.

Unknown said... Reply to comment

OMG... your spam are getting you rich. So jealous! I never get e-mails like this anymore... darn you gmail!!!

And I want to thank "the shoafs" for teaching me the gajabillions thing. I've used it at work today already! :) I love what I learn on blogs and then use in random conversations. I'm sure my coworkers appreciate it too.

Steam Me Up, Kid said... Reply to comment

I'm on aol too, yes, it's embarrassing. But aol has the BEST spam. Primo stuff.

JMJE said... Reply to comment

Yes, I'm upset that neither AOL or gmail is giving me any of these wonderful money making opps.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Awww - Mr. Yuan Jinyang was only offering me 15 mil.

Darn.

I just always feel so bad for the people who believe it!

Salt said... Reply to comment

Why the heck am I never propositioned like this!?

How do you think I could go about getting my email listed in the Emails Leads of Word Population Achieves (ummm ARCHIVES maybe?) Data? I need to get in on some of these amazing opportunities!

liz said... Reply to comment

You could write a 45,275,000.00 page dissertation and I'd read the whole thing. You are too damn funny. I had a less-than-stellar start to my day, so this has been my highlight. Well, this and the bikini wax I'm getting in 2 hours and 55 minutes.

Daisygirl said... Reply to comment

You got an email from Jesus!???

haha, oh my gosh those are hilarious!!!!

I love the chinese guys name jin jang...haha!

Thanks for the laugh!

Heidi Walker said... Reply to comment

I love the post! Will you do one on some of the CRAZY MLMrs?

You know the ones that says I can make 10k a month for just a $25.00 investment and never have to sell a thing.

I like you you are funny.

Small Burst said... Reply to comment

LOL. It still amazes me that people actually believe this. If it's too good to be true--it is!

Amanda Wissmann said... Reply to comment

Haha! I've totally done a post like this. Apparently my husband used to work for an oil company, and his partner died leaving him his inheritence of millions! It was SO secret that even my HUSBAND didnt know about the work he had done....WOW!

BNM said... Reply to comment

Bahahahaha!!! Omg you had me laughing!
I wonder if some people really fall for this kinda stuff!!

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Oh girl, you should see the money I bag with my partnerships. Me and Chelsea Clinton make loads together. I mean loads.

Lanita said... Reply to comment

Wow, I was offered an opportunity to open my own Ukrainian adoption agency...that's almost as good as having my own personal Nigerian banker.

Laura E. Sanchez said... Reply to comment

oh wow that is so funny, I remember those days, I still receive some emails like that, they always said they are from Nigeria, or the UK, but I still receive it.

"http://lesanchez.blogspot.com"

Sarah said... Reply to comment

Did you have to enable comment moderation because of me? Do I drop too many F-bombs, because if I do, I'll stop. Ish.

Sarah said... Reply to comment

The Mario Joe Douglas portion of this story is really the best.

No one in the entire world is named Mario Joe.

It's like the spammer thought, "You know what would be believable? If I used a really unlikely name."

Either that, or someone in the other hemisphere used, like, a western world name generator on yahoo or something.

I'm trying hard not to hate on your aol. What are you, 90?

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Too funny. I keep getting hit by people who want a "love match" from other countries. They often write to me like I'm a man and they seem to have gotten my email from momlogic.com. I'll have to blog about one of these someday too.

Library Cat said... Reply to comment

You can keep your millions - I am still waiting to enhance my {insert word} so that my lover will be forever delighted! Or maybe spend millions on all of those wonder pills I am offered on a daily basis! SPAM - ugh! Hilarious

gv said... Reply to comment

Sounds like things are on the fast track to the riches for you! Guess you don't have to worry about farming any more!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said... Reply to comment

The sad part is people actually fall for those emails! Yikes!

Julie said... Reply to comment

Wow...I'm so glad you commented on my blog..so I in turn could find the "soon to be" richest blogger in America!!

Thanks for the laugh this morning!
I needed it!!

Living Shallow, Living Well said... Reply to comment

People are just so generous!!! You are so LUCKY!!

Cheryl said... Reply to comment

Wow, I wish I had YOUR kind of luck. The only SPAM I get is from Russian mail-order brides.

Hutch said... Reply to comment

I'm daaaays behind, but using my lunch "break" to catch up. After the work week I'm having I just might contact one of these peeps to see if they can help a girl out. I hope you don't mind, don't wanna steal your riches or anything.

Unknown said... Reply to comment

OMG you slay me, girl! I am getting all of the same offers - seems you and I are on the same path to riches! I think I should use some of these opportunities to invest in a better spam blocker :)

Lady Grey said... Reply to comment

I got the same type of email, only mine came for a CocaCola company telling me I won a million USD. I am like... if I won a million, I don't think CocaCola will send me just any old letter! You tried the wrong lady idiots!

Jackie said... Reply to comment

so. jealous. seriously. please remember me when you make it big!

ChinkyGirLMeL said... Reply to comment

Oh wow. I would definitely be feeling like a million bucks after receiving so many junk mails like that. Lols. I think Mr. Yuan Jinyang's cousin might have emailed me something similar only his name was YangJin. lols... Hit the Spam button girl! =)

Hear Mum Roar said... Reply to comment

Oh, it's always good to read your spam for a giggle!

notquiteawake said... Reply to comment

You are so lucky! Maybe Jesus was just trying to get ahead on his emails before Easter.

The mere fact that these emails are still being sent out must mean that some people actually believe them. I can't understand that.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Sounds like a great opportunity. I'd like to request that you share just the extra $275,000 with me. it's not much :)

This is exactly why I have an email address specifically for things I sign up for that I know will send me junk mail.

Claudya Martinez said... Reply to comment

How lucky can one girl be?

Seriously, once you get all that money you should by some ad space on my blog. It would be mutually beneficial. What the heck, you can by the whole blog if you like.

Stephanie said... Reply to comment

Haha you crack me up. All I get is the rare lotion sample in the mail and you are getting millions. ;)

Kitty Deschanel said... Reply to comment

Lol, well aren't you lucky? I take it you'll be joining me on my cruise. Heck, I guess you may even be buying the cruise ship :p

Side note: Don't you love how AOL asks you if you really want to delete your spam? Gee, now that I think about it, those knockoff, prescription-free Viagra pills could come in handy!

AiringMyLaundry said... Reply to comment

I love this.

I always get e-mails like that. I always want to reply with, "Stop being such a tease!"

One time I got an e-mail saying that I won a $5000 gift card to Target. That was just CRUEL.

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Jules AF said... Reply to comment

Wow. The widow of such an important guy contacted you? I'm pretty jealous.

Lisa said... Reply to comment

I love it! I never actually see those anymore thanks to gmail! (It's awesome, you should ditch AOL ;) ) It's amazing how stupid scammers think people are...but then I realize that *somebody* must've fallen for this crap for them to keep trying! It's my first time visiting, I enjoyed your post and I'll be back for sure! Also, thanks for stopping by my blog-I too am out and about for the tea party!

mypixieblog said... Reply to comment

That's always what scares me too, that there's someone stupid enough out there to think this is REAL! And that it IS possible to become a millionaire overnight.

At least you can say you knew us when, right? ;)

Stopping in from LBS!

www.mypixieblog.com

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails