Friday, March 19, 2010

Let's take a tour around Amanda's cubicle


My little bloggy blog is going to take a break from basketball madness (although my house is not taking a break, but I'll talk more about that this weekend) because today is a pretty exciting day to me. I'm taking a half day off work because I DESERVE IT DARN IT, and also, I'm the featured blogger on Compulsive Comment Worshipers Anonymous! CCWA is a blog group for those of us who love meeting new bloggers, love commenting and, well, love getting comments.

So hi, new people, thanks for stopping by! It's Blogworthy is completely random. My goal is to find the ridiculousness in life and just make you guys smile by spreading it all over the Internet. To prove how random it is, I'd like to give y'all a little tour through my cubicle at work. I'd like to think that it's a representation of me.

Why don't I start with my new finds. I just got these from a co-worker who was doing a stress cleaning of her own office (she has walls).


What's a Web editor without a pair of dork glasses? Please excuse the free show I'm giving you with that low cut shirt..MERCY. Or if you want, please send money.


We're all looking for ways to improve our blogs and Web sites. I'm holding on to this little gem for a rainy day when I have nothing else to blog about! But here's a little taste of the fab site improvement techniques I'm going to blow your mind with, if it was still 2001.


Then there's my collection of things on my dry erase board ledge. The twin snowmen and gingerbread boy are finger puppets from our department Christmas party White Elephant gift exchange. The penguin is a pin that one of my old co-workers gave me when he left; same with the pig. It's just a tiny little pig. Why the guy had it in his desk I have no clue, but now it's mine all mine. Brain eraser was also a gift from a departing coworker.  Guess I'm just well known for being given strange things when people leave?

Definitely, because here is my pride and joy:


Aren't they amazing? I got these from the same co-worker who gave me 14,000 candy canes (approximately). I sort of want to put them on some really important project that's going in for editing, just to add a little levity to an otherwise boring project, but I'm afraid the person would keep them (who wouldn't keep them?)

So they live here instead:


Are these the happiest little Muppet paperclips you've ever seen? I think so.

By the way, I just got an order in from my bloggy buddy Allyson at Magnolias and Mimosas who has a fab little jewelry shop called Daisy and Elm and let me tell you, the stuff I bought was A-MAZE-ING and I was not paid a blue cent to say that. So why not stop by her place on your way out and see what kind of lovelies you can find for you or your favorite people, hmm?

P.S. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! Brooke from Building a Kingston Castle has graciously given a tour of her own cubie! And so has Cher from The Only Girl!

44 comments:

Sarah Mac said... Reply to comment

I love those Muppet paperclips. If they ever want to go on a state-to-state exchange program, they can come up to Cincinnati for awhile. ;-) Also, that is a very nice Muppet home/pencil holder. Did somebody awesome give that to you?

SmartBear said... Reply to comment

Sending in my dollar bills for the cleavage shot Amanda! LOL! And I am very confused by the neighborhood on your dry erase board. Not only does it not snow in Florida...but it's March honey...put the snowman and gingerbread man away. First I'm gonna purge your pantry and then I'm coming for the snowman!
Hugs,
T

MariahSmile said... Reply to comment

Kermit is definately my favorite muppet and frog! Jealous!

Also, congrats on being the featured blogger!!!

liz said... Reply to comment

As far as White Elephant parties go, I think you struck gold with those finger puppets!

Liz

Kiera said... Reply to comment

congrats! where do I owe the money to!?!?!? hahaha.

show what you got from allyson! I've been thinking of ordering something from her too.....

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

Poor Kermit. Where's Miss Piggy!?!?! I love them!

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

The glasses made me laugh, which woke my husband, he grumbled, so I blamed it on you. LOL

What a whimsical office you have! Love it. Do you also wear cartoon character slippers? I used to have the Taz, but my furkids ate them. :(

Lee said... Reply to comment

Those muppets are so CUTE! Love your office. And that money shot...woo hoo girlie!!

gv said... Reply to comment

Your cube is almost as random as mine! I have shredded money at my desk. Stop by my blog...I left you something!

Miss. Ardeth Blood said... Reply to comment

First time to your blog. So far I like it.

Came from SITS to say hi.

JMJE said... Reply to comment

That is some quality stuff in your cube. As of now the only really interesting thing in my cube is the drawing that I made of a Santa Ninja Wizard that I drew for my co-workers in a meeting that lasted way too long one time. It was just supposed to be a normal Santa but apparently I'm not that good at drawing. I also have a pen in the shape of a baseball bat. Don't remember how I got that one.

Sarah said... Reply to comment

OMG. Those paper clips. WANT.

Daydream Believer said... Reply to comment

I laughed so hard with your comments about the first pic! You're such a goon!

Chicken said... Reply to comment

I will trade you something green for something green. My green dress for your green kermit...that's fair, no?

notquiteawake said... Reply to comment

I'm going to go with the flow here and comment that I love your muppet paper clips. I was going to say that anyways but now it just looks like I'm lazy and stealing everyone else's comments. But I'm not LAZY! Well, I am lazy, but I still really love the paper clips.

Rebecca Jo said... Reply to comment

No one can say you're office doesnt have personality!! :)

Sarah With Scissors said... Reply to comment

Oh hells yeah... you the star today. (I'm so proud... don't forget us little people when your famous).

Congrats girl!!!!

My Mercurial Nature said... Reply to comment

Love the crazy & random!! Looking forward to reading more.

Brooke said... Reply to comment

Love love love your muppet paper clips! I have a cute airplane paper clip that I refuse to use. This is a nice little inspiration for a blog post - may have to steal your idea.

foxy said... Reply to comment

I DO love your muppet paperclips!! How can you not smile when looking at their super happy faces!? And I have a pair of silly glasses at my desk too, but they have a nose and eyebrows attached. :)

Jackie said... Reply to comment

Lovin' the paper clips! so awesome! I would take a tour around my cubicle-ette [not even 4 walls :( ] but it would be so boring. "here are my pens in my mug. here are my boring old page-a-day calendars that i use for scratch paper. here is my cabinet with oatmeal and tea in it, and no pictures on it anywhere." you get the idea. I really need to decorate I guess ;)

Me-Me King said... Reply to comment

Love, love, loved the tour! You are so hilarious, I must get a pair of silly glasses today.

Daisygirl said... Reply to comment

your cubicle is the bomb! Thanks for sharing I love it! Your cubicle kinda looks like my purse!

SurferWife said... Reply to comment

Daisy and Elm IS the best. I wholly agree.

Secondly, I love the gogs. I own a bazillion pairs of gogs and don't look half as good in them as you do.

SurferWife said... Reply to comment

Daisy and Elm IS the best. I wholly agree.

Secondly, I love the gogs. I own a bazillion pairs of gogs and don't look half as good in them as you do.

Hutch said... Reply to comment

I want I want I want...those paperclips! Seriously. The face animal is making can often be seen in my office as Boss Lady yells from hers about some admin/menial task she's too lazy to do herself (I'm not an admin or her assistant, and waiting for the day I leave this job to do a post on her). She can't see me but if I had that paperclip I'd hold it up and wave it at the wall we share.

Jenny said... Reply to comment

You are a funny girl. Visiting you from SITS and really wondering how you got hold of my reading glasses. I thought they were here somewhere....

Amanda Wissmann said... Reply to comment

I *ADORE* this post! You're *ADORABLE* and so is your office. and HEY! Look at you featured on CCWA! Im over there to check you out! (In a non-creepy way)

annnnnd possibly get myself set up! On the site, not with a man...sorry boys, Im married ;)

Yay!

Survivormama said... Reply to comment

Hey there...MERCY indeed! I am stopping by from CCWA and wanted to say Congratulations on being the featured blogger today! Now I am off to peruse your bloggity blog!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said... Reply to comment

Your Muppet paper clips rock the house!

The Only Girl said... Reply to comment

Love the paper clips and the desk tour! Gah - I'd be embarrassed to show people what I got going on at work. Which means it's probably worth showing. Would you find imitation flattering???

Hissyfits & Halos said... Reply to comment

Glasses?? What glasses? ;)

I adore your blog, AND those Kermit & Animal paperclips! I wonder if they make Lady Gaga paperclips?! Hummm.

Allyson said... Reply to comment

Hehehehe...not only did you give me some Daisy & Elm lovin'...but SurferWife accidentally posted her comment TWICE! SAWEET! So, thank you, thank you, thank you. You are so good to me. And just remember if you give me a good review on the fan page and post some pics of you wearing my stuff, you could very easily get free stuff in the mail. ;)

Now...on to the crazy that in your cubicle. I wish we lived closer so we could take those babies out on the town. I would LOVE to see how people react at, say...TGI Friday's. And I think that while adding the Muppet paperclips to a project would definitely add whimsy, you would NEVER get them back. I would never give them back to you. I would claim blonde and confess to accidentally throwing them away or something. Anylie, congrats on your featured blogger status!! I'm intrigued by this group you're in and will have to go check it out. You rock, lady and I'm so glad others besides me recognized your awesomesauce.

Now, back to March Madness...

Jenny said... Reply to comment

hehe I love those glasses. An those clips are nifty :D

Rachel said... Reply to comment

Such a fun desk! You've got a great site. Happy SITS saturday sharefest, and congrats on being featured on CCWA!

Rachel said... Reply to comment

Yo have such a fun desk! And a fun blog! Happy sits saturday sharefest and congrats on being featured!

The Random Blogette said... Reply to comment

Oh hell, I am a day late, but congrats on being the FB on CCWA! You RAWK! I love the tour of your cubicle. I actually have an office and it is pretty bare. BTW-I didn't notice the glasses...all I saw was cleav! I suppose you want that dollar now?

Babes Mami said... Reply to comment

Your going to be making lots of dollars with that cleavage!!

Congrats on being the featured blogger on CCwA!!!

Emma said... Reply to comment

Want! The! Paperclips!

They would look lovely in the corner-of-my-home office I'm about to construct next week.

(Upon reading that blog Man said I was right. Can you imagine? I wrote a blog that got results!)

Tracie said... Reply to comment

I can't believe you didn't show the goodies you got from Allyson! I've been stalking her site pretty regularly but haven't bought anything yet. She has very pretty things.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said... Reply to comment

What an awesome cubie you have. Maybe one day, I'll give a tour of my classroom...I'm sure everybody would love that.

Claudya Martinez said... Reply to comment

You look awesome in those classy glasses.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

I LOVE this POST! Thanks for the smiles and laughs!

foxy said... Reply to comment

See what you started with this workplace tour post??? I love it - and have done mine now... :)

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails