Thursday, December 31, 2009

See ya, 2009, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

We're down to just a little over 12 hours left of 2009. I cant' say I'm that sad that it's over. I have a long existing theory that bad things happen to me in odd numbered years. because I met my husband, got married and bought a house (all good things -- most days) in odd numbered years, I can't say that ONLY bad things happen, but it's more like, things are just a little bit tougher, take a little longer and are accompanied by a little more stress than when it's an even year. So let's just say, I'm glad we're moving on.

I've never kept a resolution in my life. Actually, that's not true; in fall 2001, I cut my hair very very short sort of by accident because I wasn't paying attention when the girl cut it. I was kinda devastated because that's when long hair wasn't a tremendous pain in the butt to dry and fix every morning. So my new years resolution in 2002 was to grow my hair out longer. That's sort of like saying "This year I will wake up EVERY DAY." It's going to happen naturally. I kept that one, but not a single other resolution.

But this year feels different.  what are we calling this, the 10's? Twenty-tens? Anyway, it's the first decade where I'm married, first decade where I won't be a student, the first decade in a new state. Lots of first.

I want to start it on the right foot. I've developed pretty bad anxiety since I finished school. At times it's debilitating. I know why I have it; I push myself too hard to be perfect when I'm not perfect (please pick your jaw off the floor, it's true).

Well things aren't always perfect and I am going to start dealing with the un-perfectness like this:
  • have a plan B that I'm comfortable with (That way when unexpected things happen, I can deal with them)
  • work on my health and what makes me feel good -- this includes not eating sweets just because they are in front of me, getting a haircut when I need it instead of waiting because it's "too expensive"
  • be kind and honest. 
  • be positive; count my blessings.
  • ask for help when I need it
  • be more patient, especially with Hubby when money is concerned. 
  • remember that I can't change people, I can only change how I react to them. Learn it. Live it.
  • write all the time. Cook from my Food Network magazine. Craft more. All these things make me feel happy and accomplished.
On a related note, I am so glad that I started blogging and started reading other blogs. I love reading what other people have to say. I love that so many people can make me laugh. I love that I can see how other people are dealing with their own imperfection; it makes me feel less alone.

I hope all my bloggy friends have a ton of fun tonight and that 2010 is the best year that it can be. I can't wait to read all about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Love your list...

SS said... Reply to comment

Happy New Year! I'm looking forward to something different in 2010 too. Great list!

Oh let me clarify for any great and powerful one that is listening...by different I mean BETTER.

Jackie said... Reply to comment

Happy new year to you guys! Hope it is a fabulous one for you!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

I think that's a great list! I'm so glad that you started blogging Amanda!

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails