My tree is filled with angels. Every year for as long as I can remember, someone has given me an angel ornament. Some are from my Aunt Sue and her many travels:
Mexican angel.
Another Aunt Sue angel. I look for her every year -- I think I just like her hair a lot.
Beautiful long porcelain angel.
This ornament combines my two favorite things: angels and snowmen.
I have a whole series of angels from my Momma called the Mary's Angels series from Hallmark. I have 6 of them and love every single one, but here are a couple that I like especially:
Then there are the ornaments that have been around forever; the tree wouldn't be the same without them:
She's a ballerina and also an angel (I think -- she might just be a ballerina).
Penguin angels are right behind snowman angels as the most awesome angels ever.
Me in 1986. Over 20 years later and it's still on my tree.
And then there is my very favorite part of my tree. It's been in the family since my Momma was a young girl, purchased by my grandfather for their family tree. And now she's unofficially passed it down to me.
This picture doesn't do it justice; I'm not sure any picture can. A tiny light in the middle of the star causes the colored film in the middle to turn. The outside of the star is like a prisim, throwing beautiful colored light across the ceiling. The lights circle slowly, a fabulous Christmas light show all evening long. I just love it. I will seriously have a meltdown if something happens to this light topper.
I love the star on top of our tree because it represents not only the star that led the wise men to Baby Jesus, but also of the light that God shines into my life all the time.
What are your favorite holiday ornaments? I want to hear about your family traditions and favorite ornaments, either here or on your blog (if you participate let me know!)
4 comments:
I love this post! Those ornaments are just too cute! I love that you have a picture from 1980's on there! My mom still hangs my jar lid photo ornament from kindergarden on the tree every year! I'll have to do this post. Thanks for sharing!
I love your ornaments! Especially the topper, so pretty! I may need to make my own ornament post! BTW... boards are over! yay Christmas!!!
aw, cute- i used to do an all angels tree.
Love the post! I'm a little slow this week on commenting. I love the picture from grade school! My mom still has the picture ornaments of me and my sister from kindergarten - she won't surrender those yet ;) Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment
Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.