Hubby and I finally got our book boxes unpacked in our finished office! There were lots of things that had to be done before we could start unpacking, including painting the room ,which was originally RED, gray and blue for the civil war (Hubby's choice), painting the old, fake wood bookshelves a brown color that was much easier on the eyes and buying a craft table for me for if and when I decide to take up crafting again.
Last night it was time to unearth box upon box of books. I always considered myself a book addict until I met my husband, who is 200% more addicted to books than I am. Because he is a history teacher and needs lots of references and needs to find them quickly, he decided to put them in the following order: books for school, civil war books, general history books, religion and sports. Right around "General History: Renaissance and Reformation", I realize that we have approximately four hundred thousand books. And on top of that, most were purchased at our county library system's semi-annual book sale, proceeds of which go to a scholarship program for area kids.
I can't imagine how much we have spent in the past 2 years at the book sales, but I can imagine that the student whose scholarship we funded is enjoying a pretty nice education right about now. So to that student, please take full advantage of your educational opportunity; remember: Butterfly in the sky I can go twice as high, take a look, it's in a book, A Reading Rainbow; and if you ever need a reference about, say, Greek history, please stop by (we have a full shelf dedicated to just that).
2 comments:
you can never have too many books, in my opinion! Of course, it is nice to have room for them all ;) I have TONS of kids books for all ages (but mostly preschool and lower elementary) from when I taught and can't wait to get them out again and let them be used!
Books are SO important. I love reading and I have tons of books as well! I think it's great that you have them and keep them!
Post a Comment
Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.