Friday, October 1, 2010

The Great Frosty Taste Test

Who remembers when I threw a little conniption fit about our local Wendy's and their ONE working Frosty machine?

If you didn't read it, refresh yourself. It was quite the debacle.

As I was reading through my comments, I discovered Surferwife was giving me a little tough love. She said, in so many words, that I should at least try the vanilla frosty because I was acting no better than a child. She told me that she'd foot the bill for this 99 cent Frosty if it meant I would at least try it, for crying out loud.

What if little baby Blogworthy just LOVED vanilla Frostys and his Mom was being a meanie by refusing to eat one? Pathetic how I was denying my child his right to try vanilla ice cream.

I realized she had a point.

That's when the Great Frosty Taste Test was born. I told her on Twitter that if she would send me $1, I would buy a vanilla Frosty and taste it on a vlog.

OK before you watch, two things: speaking of debacles, this vlog was one in the truest sense of the word. I recorded with my webcam and NEVER AGAIN because it was over 2MB and although I left it uploading all night, it still had 1000 minutes left this morning. So I had to bring it to work, where it failed again. THEN I finally converted it and the sound is a little off from the video, but I think you'll get the point. Enjoy.

   AND A Day In The Life Of A Surferwife
Proudly Present:


 

Did that endorsement make you want to run out and buy a Vanilla Frosty? Did I sound just as redneck as you'd imagine someone from West Virginia sounding? Have you had trouble posting vlogs before? Did it make you want to cut someone? Are you going to have a great weekend?

This post has been a part of Word Up, Yo!, a vocabulary meme. Go play along!

header 
150x150

26 comments:

SurferWife said... Reply to comment

OMG. THERE IS NO VIDEO. I repeat: THERE IS NO VIDEO/VLOG ON THIS BLOG.

This is an emergency. Let me reload it and see if it magically appears.

SurferWife said... Reply to comment

Nevermind. It's there. Panic first. Troubleshoot second. That's my motto.

Going to watch now.

JMJE said... Reply to comment

Yay, now I know to stick with chocolate. Just as I had suspected. You sound normal(or how I suspected you would) but I am always suprised to see pictures of you without blonde hair since in your little blogger pic you have blonde hair. When people learn that I have lived in NC for 97% of my life they always ask me why I don't have a "country" accent.

SurferWife said... Reply to comment

I have so many things to say. LIke I didn't already say a lot in the previous two comments.

Ok.

First. I couldn't take my eyes off of your cleave. Sorry. But it's true. I have no idea what color your eyes are.

Second. You are so allowed to talk Vanilla Frosty smack now. You tried and have a 101% valid opinion on it.

Third. You are a cheap date. And I am so happy Auntie SurferWife could allow Baby Blogworthy his first taste of a Vanilla Frosty.

What else? Oh. I want ice cream now. It's 8:48 in the morning. Thanks for that.

JMJE said... Reply to comment

OK I just tried to leave a comment but I think it went away. You sound normal (not redneck) but I'm always suprised that you don't have blonde hair (like your little blogger photo that comes up when you comment on my blog). People are suprised that I don't talk "redneck" when they learn I'm from/lived in NC most of my life.

The Blogging Goddess said... Reply to comment

I didn't even know that Wendy's did a vanilla frosty. Learn something new every day!

The Only Girl said... Reply to comment

Wait - you can make your own ice cream at home?!?!? This is news to me. Also? LOVE your accent. Great job on the vlog! Wonder if they have vanilla frosties at the Wendy's up here? Hmmm. Must check into that.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

You're so cute! Your accent isn't noticeable to me (but then again, I'm from WV, too!). I still think chocolate is the best.

Hutch said... Reply to comment

I can't watch it at work, boooooooooo. Video does not like to load on this network. Based on comments I think you're sticking with chocolate as the way to go? Glad to (not actually be able to) hear it!

Cathy said... Reply to comment

I DIE!

The cleavage! The voice! The frosty eating! I love it all.

Especially your voice. You totally sounds exactly like how I imagine all southern people sound. Love it.

foxy said... Reply to comment

Okay, so I tend to think you sound normal. But I too have been accused of having a twangy accent.

And yes, Surferwife, her cleave is out there and I agree it's hard to look away, but she's pregnant for crying out loud and has ginormous boobs right now. Cut slack.

I knew that chocolate would come out on top. WOOOHOOOO!

KLZ said... Reply to comment

I want you to send me your sweater and you rockin' cleavage, ASAP.

MariahSmile said... Reply to comment

This cracked me up! I love how you said this frosty could be better with... and I knew you were going to say chocolate cause it's totally true!

Canadianbloggergirl said... Reply to comment

Came over from DayDream Believer, you now have a new follower. My nearest Wendy's is like a half hour drive away, so I don't get there that often. But now I'll have to try the Vanilla Frosty sometime.

Great Blog

CBG
canadianbloggergirl.blogspot.com
come visit sometime

Liz said... Reply to comment

Whodathunk that a Frosty vlog would turn into a boobage fest!

OK, so you sound TOTALLY different than I thought. In my head, you didn't have an accent. Sure, you said "ya'll," but no Red Neck WV accent!

Jackie said... Reply to comment

I had no idea that frostys came in vanilla! While I haven't tried them so am biased, I have tried tons of other vanilla ice cream and ice cream-type products...and I have to say, it is only tolerable and always 200% better with chocolate! :)

love your accent btw!

Sarah Mac said... Reply to comment

I guess my opinion doesn't count that you sound and look completely as I expected?

A vanilla frosty is really good if it has oreos in it.

Grimmgirl said... Reply to comment

Lots of fun -- and always great to try new things!

gv said... Reply to comment

O...M...G! HILARIOUS! I love the whole, "my cats are fighting" random comment and the "It's not bad...would be better with chocolate." Crack me up!!! Nice vlog!

notquiteawake said... Reply to comment

Chocolate is better than anything. It's a fact.

You should exactly like I thought you would, which never happens! Cutest accent ever.

Allyson said... Reply to comment

YAY!!! That was magnificent!! And um...did Surferwife sent you a $1.00 bill in the mail? Because that would be smooth operating.

Great job on the vlog! There has GOT to be a better way to upload video to YouTube because I think we may need more of these in the future. Also...we totally should have done a vlog from the cafe in Savannah. Oh wells...next time!

I don't know what Surferwife is talking about. You both have rockin' cleavage while I am sporting the uniboob this afternoon.

Melissa said... Reply to comment

I totally agree that chocolate is better but vanilla isn't the worst thing in the world. However, the pups LOVE the vanilla one. They get one any time they go to vet. You should have seen how excited the Wendy's drive thru lady was when I pulled up with Marco in the front seat and started to give him the frosty.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

Amanda you are hilarious! I love that this is what you vlog'd about!

tara said... Reply to comment

chocolate frosty FOREVER!!! i think your accent is presh. i'm not sure if that means much coming from a texas gal though.

The Random Blogette said... Reply to comment

O.M.G. You are just about the cutest damn thing ever! If I didn't already love you before I love you even more now because of your accent. And yes I heard it. It sounds so much better than my northwest Ohio twang that I am told I have. And that rocking cleavage is awesome! I like boobs. Sorry!

Have you tried the twisted frostys? I don't know if they still have them, but one day I was sick and wanted something sweet and cold and my mom got me a twisted frosty with m&ms in it. It was so yummy! But I do agree the vanilla is ok but I would much rather have the chocolate one!

Cheryl said... Reply to comment

You are adorable! I have been vehemently opposed to the vanilla Frosty, and after watching your vlog, I continue to be. :)

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails