Friday, February 5, 2010

Wednesday night dinner, you're now my favorite meal

I thought all day about what I should say regarding our new Wednesday night dinner routine. I mean, I walk the fine line between informing y'all and bragging about the awesome things that happen to me. So, please don't' be too jealous when you read about our amazing evening Wednesday.

We live about a half-mile from a place called Beef O' Bradys. Is that just a Florida place, or what? Cause they are all over Florida. Anyway, they have good wings and other "bar food", you know the stuff that you just look at the appetizers and your face breaks out and your heart just throws up the white flag of surrender. And what I mean by all that is, the good stuff. By the way, my last meal would consist of motz sticks, stuffed mushrooms, potato skins and cheese fries with bacon.

Wednesday nights are a very special and magical night at Beefs because it's not only half-priced appetizer night, but also 99 cent draft beer AND 59 cent wing night.

But the best part about it is Magic Mike is on hand to entertain the young and young-at-heart (like my Hubby). Magic Mike is this awesome dude who is a magician, juggler, balloon artist and riddle teller. He makes what could be a pretty quick, cheap and greasy meal into a evening of fun and mystery! The best part is his scrolling, digital Magic Mike! name tag. It really completes the ensemble and makes him legit.

Two weeks ago we went to Beefs and Hubby was all, is that guy supposed to be here, or is he just a local that shows up on his own and hangs out and makes balloon animals? Cause if so -- creepy. That day he came to our table and was like, would you like to see a card trick? Which was awesome. And then he gave us a little puzzle using matchsticks to take home and ponder over until next Wednesday. So at this point, we realize that he's someone who Beef's pays to entertain each Wednesday.

I mean, party over at Beef's, y'all!

This week Hubby was totally eager to eat at Beefs and I'm pretty sure it was because of Magic Mike.  We walked in and Hubby saw him and said, "Oh, Magic Mike is here!" and we sat down and then he literally could not stop trying to get Magic Mike's attention. We're sitting there and the conversation goes a little something like this:

Me: Did you bring us here just so you can see Magic Mike?
Hubby: um, of course.
Me: Why?
Hubby: Because he has cool balloon animals and puzzles and card tricks. And because he's awesome.

Then he quietly starts chanting, "Magic Mike! Magic Mike!" and says he really wants a balloon animal.

Then he screams "Hey! Magic Mike!" across the restaurant. Magic Mike comes over and says hi, and Hubby says, "Mike, we were here last week! You gave us a puzzle! We'd like another puzzle today!" And Mike says he'll give us a new puzzle after we order our food.

So the time comes and Mike stops back by and hands my husband a cubed box puzzle for him to figure out while we ate. The next hour consisted of Hubby simultaneously eating our appetizers and wings and figuring out this puzzle. Meanwhile, I'm doing everything possible to get his attention by reading headlines off of a muted Pardon the Interruption.

Me: You know what? I really think Colorado will upset Kansas tonight.
Hubby: [eyes on the puzzle] No way. Not gonna happen.
Me: I really think so...wait, is the Colorado logo a buffalo with a CU on it?
Hubby: Yeah, and they aren't going to upset Kansas. Now, I know that this piece will fit in the middle, but what goes on top? [eats chicken wing]

I mean without missing a beat with his wooden puzzle!

Me: I'm just going to say it. I think LeBron James might be a better defender than Michael Jackson. I mean Michael Jordan.
Hubby: [Extreme puzzle concentration] Nobody is better than Michael Jordan; you're crazy.
Me: Well think about it. LeBron James is just such a good defender.
Hubby: I think these puzzle pieces to on top...

Later on Magic Mike came back over and helped Hubby with one last puzzle piece, then created the most beautiful pink balloon poodle. It was pretty much the best dinner ever.

Can anybody top the awesomeness of Beef 'O Bradys on Wednesday?

12 comments:

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Why do you live in Florida and not in Maryland? (Besides the fact that you are smarter than I am and don't appreciate 2 feet of snow being dumped on you?)

I want to go to Beef O'Bradys (ummm WTF) on Wednesdays with you guys and get puzzles from Magic Mike. Then you and I can have drinks and make fun of people while my hubs-to-be and your hubby obsess over puzzles and have balloon animals made for them.

It would be fun. I'm serious.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said... Reply to comment

OMG that would be AMAZING. We could try to trick them into paying attention to us using sports and other things boys like. "hey, that girl over there is so hot,smokin' hot, y'all are missing her!"

And besides, all the 99 cent beer we can handle!

Unknown said... Reply to comment

I'm not a huge beer drinker,but for 99 cents - count me in!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Cathy said... Reply to comment

ummmmm....AWESOME! Can I come?

I gotta find out if there's any "Magic Mikes" around here.

Unknown said... Reply to comment

I'm glad someone enjoys random balloon peddlers coming to the table. I am the poop that doesn't make eye contact and wishes them away when they don't get the hint.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

Wow! He totally wanted a man date with magic mike! Do they have to-go? You could always score the food that way lol

MariahSmile said... Reply to comment

LOL sounds like something Phil would totally do!

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

99 cent beer? You are speaking my language, friend. :)

Tracie said... Reply to comment

Magic Mikes? I'm writing that down. Will be in FL over Spring Break.

I hope you are having a great weekend!

Allyson said... Reply to comment

No way would I even pretend that such awesomeness occurs in Lexington. But it DOES occur in Frankfort...about 30 miles away...because they DO have a Beef O' Brady's. That would also be my hometown so I try not to kick it there too often - too many run-ins with ex-boyfriends and gym teachers (Dodge ball should be outlawed for any kid with braces). So...I have to say I've only been once. And there was a noticeable absence of pink balloon poodles. But I'll check my sources and get back to ya. You're a lucky girl. Usually I have to wait for a company picnic before I get to partake in magic tricks and juggling.

w said... Reply to comment

we don't have anything like that at our beef's. but then again. idk. i've never been. so. yeah.

also. was there any drinking involved during the assemblage of the cube?

G said... Reply to comment

99 cents?@?@? I thought penn state was amaze balls with 3 dollar pitchers.

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails