Anyway, he wanted my opinion because as he accurately guessed, a small town in West Virginia is a lot like a small down in north Florida.
Finally, a project today I can sink my teeth into.
Here is the list. If you're from a small town, please add your own suggestions in the comments:
- Aqua Net
- Deer Jerky
- Four-Wheeling or "muddin'"
- Corona/rebel flag bikins or bandannas
- Shoney's
- Cracker Barrell
- Golden Corral
- Cowbells
- Tractor supply stores
- Collectible plates
- Tailgating
- Golf carts
- huntin', fishin' and the like
- leaving G's off the ends of words
- ""Jr" and #3
- Nascar
- Big hair
- Mullets
- Walmart
- Ford Trucks
- boatin'
- flannel
- tuxedo and "bikini body" t-shirts, or any other items you can buy at beach stores in Myrtle Beach (for West Virginians) or Panama City Beach (for Floridians)
- airbrushed anything
- flea markets
- Gator tail (Floridians only)
- Nati Light (this one's universal) or Boone's Farm (also applies to poor people and college students)
- dressing their babies in nothing but a diaper and a smile
- high school football
- big antennas and satellite dishes
- taxidermy
- big dogs/pitbulls
- bonfires
- wranglers
UPDATE:
Add buggies (instead of grocery carts) and firearms (can't believe I forgot that one).
And you guys? More proof: Officials found a moonshine still and a meth lab in a Bradford County home. Replace "Bradford" with "Wayne" and it's basically interchangeable.


5 comments:
Buggies, not carts, at the grocery store.
I always say that most rural areas of Florida are like West Virginia, only hotter and with two coastlines!
We can't forget intense love of firearms on that list! People in both states are not just big on hunting -- they're also tight with what it takes to do it!
By the way, did you know it's a FELONY to kill a deer out of season in Florida? No joke, it came up on our police blotter once when I was reporting down there.
good ones that I forgot! I'm going to add them on the update.
HAHA! Can I just say how much this post cracked me up! Love it!
Came across your blog on SITS bc your comment was right above mine today. Anyhoo...I hopped on over and saw this blog on North Florida. It piqued my interest bc I live in the panhandle (AKA God's Country.... ) of Florida. I've never been to WV, but if it's anything like my area, you can add "frog giggin'" to the list!
Post a Comment
Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.