Friday, April 15, 2011

Celebrity Weekly Round-up: Shut up about MTV shows already

Finally Friday, people! Although my weekend will be spent knee deep in a torn up house, as we discovered a water leak last night and will have to have our wall or floor torn up (yay, homeownership!), I'm still excited for the weekend for lots of reasons.

Extra baby cuddles.

"Sleeping in".

Messing around on the Internet without IS breathing down my back.

Watching MTV shows I've recorded.

That's why I can't shut up about Teen Mom 2. I know, I know. We've talked about it before. But I'm starting off this Weekend Round-Up with my first little bit of gossip from Teen Mom 2. I have a mild fascination with Leah and Corey, parents of twins and newlyweds from my home state of West Virginia. Their outdoor, cammo themed wedding was filmed for the season finale.

Is there trouble in paradise!? OK Magazine reported the couple filed for divorced this week. They seemed relatively normal and well-adjusted throughout the series and even at the "reunion" show, but they are 19-years-old.

Speaking of MTV shows, I'm sort of addicted, you guys. I started watching My Life as Liz and am inexplicably obsessed. Is it a reality show? Is it a scripted drama? No, it's a bizarre, hybrid love child of the two. It doesn't even PRETEND to be a scripted drama, a la The Hills, but clearly it is. The cast is comprised of either really bad actors or actors who are really good at reality TV. Like happening upon a really bad car wreck, I can't look away.

The show stars this girl who is trying to be all hipster and alternative. Are people still called "alternative"? She is rebelling against the typical blonde Barbie girls of her small Texas town, so she wears funny t-shirts and skinny jeans and dyed her hair red and hangs out with nerdy guys.

I got hooked during maternity leave when my Mom and Dad were visiting. I watched a marathon and at one point I realized Dad was watching too when he asked who one of the characters was. "He's Bryson. I think she is dating him? Or wants to? And I think he's dating somebody else? And I thinks he's shy?" You know you've got a doozy on your hands when questions are answered with more questions.

The other night we were watching Fantasty Factory and after it was over some other random show called RJ Burger or some nonsense came on. Hubby said, "Oh, I'll record this, looks like something that you would like." And I was all, "Pshaw! NO! I'm not 17, thankyouverymuch."  Fifeteen minutes later I was hooked.

Wait, I'm off track. More celebrity news y'all don't care about.

Taylor Swift bought her Mom and Dad a $1.4 million home.

Dear my Mom and Dad: Sorry I'm not T-Swift.

Dear Baby Blogworthy: Please remember this when you're older.

Dear Hutch: Please skip over this one because we all know how you feel about T-Swift.

via
Who watches Dancing with the Stars, raise your hands? I personally watch it for Maks, that sweet hunk of Eastern European man meat. This year he's dancing with Kirstie Alley and they have had some little spills, like a few weeks ago when he just fell down, then this week when she lost her shoe.

It makes little sense that Kirstie Alley is still in the competition after so many flubs, until you realize she's a phoenix and will continuously raise from the ashes of her destroyed career until it's just her and Betty White. Believe me, it'll happen. 

But Betty White will always win.

Have a happy weekend, all!

Anything I missed? Comment it!

19 comments:

Bill said... Reply to comment

I swear - every post you write, even if I don't care about the subject matter, is like cocaine to me.

my wife watches DWTS. She says Maks is gay, but I think she's just trying to convince herself he's not available so she can calm herself.

Hutch said... Reply to comment

I just want her to go away! She's a good song-writer, but the talent stops there. Gah!

MariahSmile said... Reply to comment

i had seen a commercial for My Life As Liz when it first came out and thought "that looks stupid, i won't ever watch that" then i did and of course i was hooked too! did they make a second season of it?

Kristin @ What She Said said... Reply to comment

LOL. Yup! That about sums up Kirstie Alley and her stint on DWTS. I'm still rooting for her, though. And I'm totally jacking "sweet hunk of Eastern European man meat" for my own maniacal use. You captured the essence of Maks perfectly!

Unknown said... Reply to comment

That is precisly why I stay as far away from MTV as possible. One year on a girls weekend my friend Cheryl and I came home from the bars early and ended up never going back out because we watched a marathon of True Life. So sad...

Sarah Mac said... Reply to comment

I can't believe Dad was actually watching that show too! As in, watching enough to ask questions rather than it just being background noise.

But that is actually more believable than when we were watching Leah and Corey's wedding and DAVEY was watching it. He actually made a "really nice knife" reference the other day.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

That's why I watch DWTS, too! I'm encouraging my mom and all her little old lady friends to vote for Kirstie so I can keep drooling over my Russian hunk o love till the end. (You know he has the best butt on TV. That's a fact.)

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Are hipsters alternative anymore? I mean, has it become trendy and mainstream to be a hipster now? Serious question. I'm old, I don't know these things.

For some reason, I have not been watching DwtS this season, which is kind of weird since I think this is one of the few with actual stars. I did see some of Kirstie Alley's clips though, and I'm a little surprised at her. She's not that bad, especially considering the "token oldie" of the group is usually downright painful to watch.

And on the subject of DwtS, I have to mention Karina and Playboy. What's up with that? She is definitely on the list of People I Don't Want To See Naked. Girlfriend needs to eat a sandwich or six.

KLZ said... Reply to comment

Oh! Oh, you're so right about Kirstie Allie and Betty White! Oh, I'd never thought of that but you're so right!

Elena Wollborg said... Reply to comment

Divorce for Leah & Corey? I didn't see that. I heart Maks too...weak in the knees when he is on screen!

Kelly @ turned UP to ELEVEN! said... Reply to comment

MMMM Man Meat - that's such a perfect way to describe him. MAN he's hot! I'm a huge Hines Ward fan so he's got my vote but Kirstie is a close 2nd. She's showing you can mess up and still keep on going. She isn't giving up and I think that's why she's still there. Plus, she has the "underdog" thing going on.

I get so sucked into teen mom - I have to not watch it. :)

Jessica said... Reply to comment

No fun on the water leak.

I kinda wish I was Taylor's mom and dad right now.

Liz said... Reply to comment

I haven't been watching, though I'm so curious to know if she's been getting skinny from being on the show?

Sarah said... Reply to comment

Do you follow Kirstie on Twitter? She's kind of entertaining.

Jane Bitch said... Reply to comment

My dad told my mom the other night while watching DWTS that I looked like Kirstie. Like he thought that was a compliment or something. WTF? Dad, you're old and also..you need glasses.

Betty White is a ninja disguised as a little old lady.

The Random Blogette said... Reply to comment

OMG! We love RJ Burger! I am so glad that you found it. I wish that I could watch DWTS but I have 2 other shows recording at the same time. I love Kirstie too. She really is a Phoenix!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

I don't think there's any issues with Leah and Cody. They came through the airport about two weeks ago on their way to Florida and they seemed happy. But...who knows. People can always put on a front.

I've seen that Liz show but I didn't know they had more than 1 season. I think it's scripted for sure!

mypixieblog said... Reply to comment

I haven't watched this season of Dancing but I also have a thing for Maks. Though he's so damn full of himself, I can only take him in small doses (still wouldn't kick him out of the bed or anything... HA!).

I just discovered a new tv show I'm embarrassed to admit I may soon be caught up in. It's called Mob Wives and it just debuted on VH1. Have you seen it? It's so ridiculous and over-the-top but these wives are connected to some major mob scandals and well, they make for great tv.

Lindsey said... Reply to comment

Ok, so you know I love everything about this post! And since I'm reading this several days after you posted, Maks was on DWTS last night with no shirt and leather pants. HELLO!

I must say that Bravo shows are like crack to me. I can't get enough. Like you, I look forward to getting caught up on my DVR over the weekend...and sigh, it's only Tuesday!

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails