Friday, March 18, 2011

Baby's first basketball bracket

Baby blogworthy's first tournament is in full swing and his Daddy couldn't be more psyched. In fact, yesterday during the games, Hub set the baby  in the bumbo (which we call the bimbo because its infinitely funny to say "baby blogworthy, wanna go sit on the bimbo?") (Oh, there's CPS right now!) in front of the three tvs and let him "watch" until the baby sort of tipped over a little like somebody's drunk uncle.

I can only imagine the shenanigans that will happen when they are home together all summer.

Anydrunkbaby, the genius and epic octopi bracket pickem was just as successful as I had imagined, except we came woefully close to a pre bedtime meltdown. Hub took it very seriously. He kept saying "that hit didn't count. His arms were already up. Pull his arms down and do it again." And I'm all, dude, he doesn't even know his own name yet. I hardly think he realizes he's choosing the winner of basketball games. He just wants to hear Squidbert make those bubbly sounds.

I know in my last post about this I said he likes them both, but I sort of lied. I mean, he likes both, but definitely likes Squidbert a little more, probably because of all the sounds and jaunty seafaring medleys he plays.

Here's how it went down:



Squidbert was the higher seed always because we wanted to give Luke a little handicap. We figured he would usually go for his favorite and choose the high seed. It worked until the last region, when he decided Captain Calamari was more fun.

Then when it was all said and done, Baby Blogworthy picked Memphis to win the national championship.

We posed him with his bracket and took some pictures as I prayed that the sleep window wouldn't slam shut in the middle of our photo shoot.

At first he excited to see what his bracket looked like:

He's so advanced. Not only can he read, he can read upside down.
When Daddy told him that there was no way a 12 seed would win the NCAA National Championship, he got a little bit pissed. Then Daddy explained to him that it's OK, we all make bad NCAA choices, but at the end we just wad up our brackets and throw them angrily in the trashcan. Baby Blogworthy was one step ahead:

Nomming is more fun than wadding & throwing.

But as time went on, he became at peace with his choices.


After all, there's always next year.

By the way, did you catch that we only have three TVs this year? Downgrade.

How are your brackets looking? How many TVs did your significant others decide to put up?

15 comments:

Hutch said... Reply to comment

I can't tell you how much awesome combined with warm and fuzzies this post has. I think I might hire Luke to do my brackets in the future

MrsJenB said... Reply to comment

This was highly scientific. And, oh yeah...adorable! He's such a doll.

Natalie said... Reply to comment

Not that I'm not a Tiger fan.. b/c I am, but I think the cute little guy was urging you to VISIT Memphis..
Also? We really need to do something about that ugly onesie he's wearing.

KLZ said... Reply to comment

I'm with Luke actually - too busy eating my bracket to actually make my picks.

Ally said... Reply to comment

This is so much sheer awesome, I had to put it on FB. You bring your A game every single year.

Desperate Housemommy said... Reply to comment

Wow. And I thought highly of my nine year-old Twin B for making his own selections. You put the child to shame. Net stop: Harvard, baby!

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

I'm pretty sure Luke did a better job than me and I actually did research! My bracket is so red it looks like it's been shot.

And it's not J with all the tvs. It's me. Last night I had the Gonzaga game on TV and the Michigan game streaming on the computer. I have a problem...I know.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

If Memphis wins it all Luke will be famous!

Stephanie in Suburbia said... Reply to comment

I'm totally distracted by a) how adorable he is and b) how he's like 12 seconds from rolling over!!!

Jackie said... Reply to comment

Love it! That's how I would pick teams for my bracket, if I did it. Well, that and how I liked the sounds of the teams names. If it's a weird word or a state I don't like, they'll be picked to lose immediately. ;)

Liz said... Reply to comment

I love the photo of him analyzing the bracket!

Sorry the #MemphisFTW hash wasn't around longer.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

His facial expression are getting more and more animated!

Megan said... Reply to comment

Nomming is always the best choice!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

I hope BB's pick goes all the way! lol

Ash said... Reply to comment

I totally do not blame him - who wouldn't want to hang with a dude named Captain Calamari? Party.

My Luke went with UNC, but both our Luke's will be bummed, because Kansas is going to take it according to this Mama. I know, I'm so crazy. A&M getting knocked out by FSU in the first round has me depressed and all non-caring and stuff.

Sigh. Not sure how my life ended up here. Oh yeah, a house full of men.

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails