However, there are some celebrities that I'm just over in a real way. Usually it's because their gossip is just tragic and unappealing and unnecessary and clog up my Facebook news feed with US Weekly's incessant postings of their ridiculousness. Let me put it this way: there are certain celebs that have things happen to them and I'm all, "oh, well she had a terrible childhood" or "he's in the throws of addiction". But these particular celebs? To use my favorite phrase ever, they are just hot messes all around.
Here's my Short, Non-Inclusive List of Celebs I'd Like To Never Hear About Again
Lindsey Lohan
Really, why is this girl still around? Who keeps inviting her to awards shows and parties? She hasn't had legitimate hit since Freaky Friday in 2003 and can you consider that a hit? Or was Herbie Fully Loaded in 2005 a hit, either? I guess there was Mean Girls in 2004 that did alright, but that's only because Tina Fey wrote the screen play. If I'm being really kind by considering the Herbie movie was a success, then that's a full 5 years since her last work that didn't a) go straight to video b) last less than 2 weeks on the big screen or c) air on television.
This girl is so delusional, the hottest of hot messes, and surrounded by what seems an entire planet of enablers. I mean, it's clear to all of us that she's on something, right? And has been for probably since Herbie. And I think it was around that time she was dating the guy from That 70's Show, who dumped her and broke her heart and is probably tiny ember that caused the flames of heat currently incinerating her life.
She's known for not showing up for work, entering rehab not once, not twice, but three times and is about to go again. She's been in jail twice, arrested for cocaine possession, violated probation, been fired, had two DUIs, and has had fiery break-ups with men and women which may or may not include drinks being thrown in her face.
You'd think that after all that, at some point she'd hit bottom and would clean it up and just go on with her life without all this drama, but no. If she was some Joe Schmo hanging out with cocaine in her pants or DUIs or two under her belt, she'd be in jail for awhile. And not even fancy jail where she gets a thousand hours of visitation time and keeps her extensions in.
No, I can't feel sorry for someone who has squandered so many chances and still keeps messing up. She gets 5 hot messes on my hot-mess-o-meter:
| ![]() | ![]() | ![]() | ![]() |
Here is a haiku about Mel Gibson:
Cool in the Eightys,
Now a violent racist.
A hot mess for sure.
Shall we talk about his mess ups chronologically, or in order of mind-blowingness? There was the DUI, the antisemitism, the divorce from his wife of eleventy-billion years, the love child with a Russian model, the racist tirades caught on tape. TMTH. Too much to handle. Hot mess. Four of them, in fact, according to my meter:
| ![]() | ![]() | ![]() |
Jessica Simpson
Oh, Jessica. You had so much promise. I was reminded of that late last year when I heard your first hit, "I Think I'm In Love" early one cold, fall morning blaring from the speakers of a car detailing-slash-sandwich shop across the street from my office. It brought to mind simpler times, of pop music and my college days. But somewhere along the way, Jessica Simpson turned from pretty pop princess who has it all to hot tranny mess who is dating a married man.
I get it. Jessica is unlucky in love. She's unnecessarily criticized for her weight, her looks, her lack of quality work. Poor ol Jessica. However, just as I don't feel sorry for our former receptionist for spending all day, every day, taking quizzes about her favorite sex positions on Facebook and then getting canned, I don't' feel sorry for Jessica for basically doing nothing and then when she DOES work, putting out crappy products. Dukes of Hazzard, anyone? And what about Blonde Ambition...if you don't know about that little gem, don't worry. It only opened in 8 theaters and only made $6k. Really now. Where's she getting her money again? All those really great investments she made with her Mickey Mouse Club money?
And then she's gotta get all weird and clingy with her boyfriends. I read an article the other day with pictures of her with different guys and each time she completely changed her looks to fit what he wanted. Like when she went brunette and wore maxidresses for John Mayer, or wore Cowboys jerseys for Tony Romo. It's bad when you are a singer/actress known more for being dumped than for your songs or movies.
She's your girlfriend who always goes for the wrong guy and then never calls until they break up and you're all, "oh, NOW you need me?" and feel sorry for her a little bit, but mostly mad that she keeps choosing the wrong guys and dissing you. That's Jessica Simpson. And for that, she gets 2.5 hot messes on my hot-mess-o-meter.
| ![]() | ![]() |
Cast of Jersey Shore
I'll freely admit that I watched Jersey Shore last season, although it was mostly because it was like a car crash and I couldn't avert my eyes. I regularly spent that hour texting my friends saying, "Are these people for real?" and "Do people really do that?" Honestly, I wonder what we did wrong, as a society, for us to be exposed to these people and for the phrase GTL to make it into our lexicon. My friend posted a pic on Facebook once and it said GTL! And I was like, What on earth? And headed over to Urban Dictionary and there it was, in all it's trashy glory. And THAT was the moment I knew Jersey Shore was dead to me.
I just don't understand how these people became famous in the first place. They just seem like the least deserving people to be making the amount of money they make for that atrocious show. What about teachers who educate our children, or police officers keeping us safe from PEOPLE LIKE THE CAST OF JERSEY SHORE? No, they make enough to keep them securely in middle class whilst Snookie buys another Louis Vuitton bag to throw up in later.
They get 1 and a half hot messes because I'll probably still watch it:
| ![]() |
This post has been a part of Word Up, Yo!, a vocabulary meme. Go play along!


30 comments:
-->I would have made the same exact list for the same reasons.
Other celebrities I could care less about are Mariah Carey. She's been a hot mess since Glitter.
Kanye West - - really could care less about what he's doing or saying.
Any of the Kardashians - I know their names start with K but that's about it.
Paris Hilton - she has a famous last name and no brains.
Bethanny from RHONY - I got married and had a baby but you don't see me on tv talking about it. (So I blog...okay...nevermind.)
Charlie Sheen - - he's a cheater and a woman beater. No interest.
Sorry you asked now? I love me some celebrity gossip too. How about more Gerry Butler? Yum.
~deb
www.WebSavvyMom.com
Excellent list. I'd have to add Justin Bieber. Not in a "love to hate" way, just in a "please go away" way. And also Ke$ha... purely on the basis that she spells her name with a dollar sign. Although I do think both of them need to make it 2+ years in the spotlight before we consider them a "celebrity".
Lohan lists right at the top of my "please go away list" Her entire family too.
Also, the Gosselins.
And a Mel Gibson haiku? So lovely. I'm such a sucker for haikus.
Nice list. Mean Girls was awesome but yeah nothing since then. I miss the days of Newlywed-Nick and Jessica. I guess I got over her after that show ended and they got divorced. And Mel Gibson just seems pretty evil about right now. I'm sort of over Branjelina.
I love it!! Celebrities who have always been on my "i could care less" list are those who dont have any talent and are famous for 1) a reality show or 2) their parents are rich.Therefore in the past its been Paris Hilton and the Kardashians.
I really hate Team Speidi (heidi and spencer)... To tell you the truth I am sick and tired of hearing gossip every week about angelina and brad (they are so happily in love, they broke up, brad wants jennifer back, brad wants more kids, brad is done with kids)...
I agree with you BIG time on Lindsay Lohan... That girl is a huge mess.
Mel Gibson is definitely the worst offender on that list. The Lohan girl has never been a blip on my radar, so although I feel bad for her I'm not affected by her mess-ness.
But who knew that mel gibson was such a colossal dick wad?
Um, seriously, everyone you named. They are all so so annoying and pathetic.
Another one I've been sick of for a loooong time is Paris Hilton. Why is she a celebrity anyway??
haha, oh I laughed and laughed! I am so over Lindsey and Mel...actually maybe those 2 should hook up...it would make good tv anyway!!!
Right now I am addicted to everything Kardashian! I can't get enough of that crazy family!
Haikus AND charts and graphs? You must have been every teacher's dream in school!
I loved your list. I, too, would add Justin Bieber, as well as Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers. Does anyone really care which former Disney tv star they are dating?
Okay, I just had to look up GTL. Because, i have to say, I've never watched one episode of the JS. But I did however watch the youtube video of Snooki getting punched in the face by a guy. Because that was just the slightest bit comical. I hate that they're all famous and making money. They're all AWFUL.
And yea, I'm pretty much OVER all the rest of your other picks too.
Agreed with ALL of that - all of them, and also add Heidi Montag and the real housewives girls. Always something about them somewhere.Why? Why?
All of the above for sure plus Anglelina and Brad. That skank and her big daddy just make me ill. Nobody's that perfect. She used to have Billy Bob's blood in a vile around her neck. Eeww! I'm sure there are others. I'm sick of Michelle Obama, the Clinton's with that--sheesh--little wedding, and any member of Congress.
All I have to say...AMEN!
YES!
Ummm... Miley Cyrus. Justin Bieber. Lady Gaga. The Cardashians....
Like you said, you are the hot mess QUEEN! Um, even stinky, overflowing garbage cans?!?!
You rule in my book, girl!
Your list is perfect. I would add Jennifer Love Hewit. That girl is in People or US Weekly every other week for no apparant reason except publicity whoring. I'm also Brangelina. We get it. They are a perfect couple. So in love. Saving the world. Blah, blah, blah. STFU.
I also had to look up GTL, and wow!!! I honestly can't remember the last time I've watched television, but I really do miss when actors were famous for their talent, and not for rehab, or break-up, or reality shows.
That is a pretty awesome list. I agree with every sentence.
The other day I asked myself, "I wonder what happened to Paris Hilton," and then I said, "Oh yeah. I don't care."
I couldn't agree with your list more!!
I'm with you all the way up to the Jersey Shore cast, because they continue to be hilarious and they know it. It's fine.
I have been over Brad Pitt for a long time. He, like Jessica Simpson, completely changes his look for every girlfriend. Check pics of him with Gwyn, Jen and Angie.
A Hot-Mess-O-Meter AND a haiku? Heaven. There is a reason why you're a Made Man. Congrats on your win!
What about Kim Kardashian? What has she done other than make a sex tape, date fine men and take over the ranks of best bootie, held many years by J-Lo. Speaking of J-Lo...
You list is good, no doubt about it. But how could you forget Paris? Or even the other Mtv reality cast THE HILLS?
Hahaha, I love this post! Oh you forgot to mention that Jessica Simpson is addicted to nicotine gum yet she says she's never smoked. I find that ODD.
Mel and Jessica haven't quite made my list but Lindsay's been on it for years! The Jersey shore cast has been on it since that freakin show started. I lived in Jersey, I went "down the shore" and yes they all exist. No I do not want to relieve my nights out in guidoville.
Also on my list George Clooney's newest plaything...the scandal that just came out on her, how is that even surprising?
I tend to ignore Beyonce, Chris Brown and Kanye as well...thanks but no.
So the whole Jessica Simpson dating a married guy thing is true? I couldn't remember which mag I read it on at the grocery store, but I was wondering about that. I am LOVING your stinky hot garbage graphics! Please do these more often!
I don't know if he's a legit celebrity, but I live in MN and if I hear one more thing about Brett Favre....
Lady Gaga. OMG. Good music, but so over her. Can't help but watch jersey shore. Just riveting.
Hot Mess Garbage YES!
I too long celebrity gossip a lot! I couldn't agree more with you on the whole Lindsay and Mel thing - I don't want you to hate me or my taste but I have to say I will always root for poor Jessica - even if she should know better. She's like the annoying friend that never listens to your relationship advice and you still give it to her because she loves you and love her. ;)
That being said - I loved Dukes of Hazzard but not for her... Knoxville is in it AND Burt Reynolds.
The Shore... ugh I can't look away when it's on - that being said it's SO sad they probably REALLY do act like that. I can handle them when they are on the show it's the talk shows and VIP treatment that gets me. They are NOT celebrities... they are just reality show douches.
Someone I'm over hearing about is Heidi and Spencer, more reality faux douches I'm glad they've been MIA lately.
So enjoying catching up with your blog this evening - I've missed your wit. Can we add Tom Cruise to the list? I could live just perfectly never hearing his name uttered ever again.
Post a Comment
Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.