Thursday, March 11, 2010

Snuggies: No longer just humiliating for humans

A few weeks ago, Jamie Tweeted that she wanted to get a small dog just so she could dress it in a dog Snuggie.

Now, dogs are a big responsibility. Like on the scale of most responsibility to least, it goes like this:

Most
  • Children
  • Dogs
  • Husbands
  • Plants
  • Cats
  • Fish
Least

Jamie, you don't have to buy a small dog and dress it in a dog Snuggie because I did it for you. You're welcome. All of you are welcome. She seemed pretty pumped about my rad dog and dog Snuggie and wanted me to blog about it, or at least that's how I took her excitement.

I am admitting here and now for all the blogiverse to see that we are proud owners of a University of Kentucky Snuggie. I was not sold on the idea of Snuggies. Then my hubby decided he needed that UK Snuggie more than anything in the whole world and would pretty much cease to exist right then and there if he didn't order it (this is pretty common at my house). So then we had a Snuggie. And like Lays potato chips, you can't have just one.

We decided to get a Snuggie for my Mom, sister and our dog, Truffles. If we were going to be humiliated with a thin, backward robe, then we'd all be humiliated together. Get enough shame in one room and it just cancels out.

So enjoy these pictures of my dog wallowing in complete, total abject mortification.

"My shame is unbearable. Please tell me I'm adopted." (You are.)

Sister with Truffles, sporting their Snuggies.

 Which one of these two living things willingly put on a Snuggie? I'll give you a hint: It isn't the one who eats cat litter and chases squirrels. Truffles is all, "If I look super cute at the camera, they will totally take this thing off me." Nice try, Truff. 

Snuggie party! Only cool people invited. And dogs.

This was taken right after we opened up Christmas presents and Mom and Sissy got their own Snuggies. So of course we had to take pictures in our Snuggies because we're awesome like that. Like how we're all pointing to the dog? Truffles is obviously just trying her best to get through this terrible time in her life but we're calling attention to her with all the pointing. 

When we'd put that thing on her she would get SO hot. Like the dog Snuggie really did what it was intended to do and then some. She'd usually just sit wherever she was when we Velcroed it on and would lay exactly like she is laying in the picture above and just pant up on a freaking storm. It's not funny except that it totally is funny.

And I think it's pretty clear that as soon as I have children, they are getting dressed in ridiculous outfits, pretty much from day one.

There you go, Jamie, hope it's everything you dreamed it would be (go check out her site: Daydream Believer; she blogs about spam mail and shaving. LOVE it.)

31 comments:

liz said... Reply to comment

Hi Amanda! I found you through LBS. My mom has a pink snuggie for her cockapoo. I wanted one for our cocker, but my husband gave me that "Are you freakin' kidding me?!" look. Although I'm not from the South, I've been living here for 6.5 years (Memphis). Allegiance to college football blows my mind! I totally can see how your husband would HAVE to have a Kentucky snuggie or the world would end. :)

Liz
http://thejostesfamily.blogspot.com
bellebeandog@gmail.com

Emma said... Reply to comment

Want! Adorable!

I was just looking at Saints snuggies at the store.

I want a leopard one, but since it's already getting warm down here, I guess I'll wait til next winter.

You totally just made me rethink my decision to go sans-snuggie. Now I'm all jealous and stuff..

Daydream Believer said... Reply to comment

These pictures are the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Jules AF said... Reply to comment

haha I have a blanket on me now but wear a sweatshirt for the sleeves! No snuggie needed.

Cathy said... Reply to comment

OH! That last pic is amazing. All of you in your snuggies. Snuggies gets a red line under it...apparently spell check isn't with the times yet.

SmartBear said... Reply to comment

LMAO...love it! You guys look like an ad for bad television girl! I have not succumbed to the snuggie, but if I don't quit whining about the cold, I am sure Hubby will force one on me. And just wait until you have kids...it's not just the clothes. When they are really tiny, there's all kinds of embarrassing things you can do to them. One day I'll wrestle up the picture of my son at 9 months old wearing reindeer antlers with mistletoe attached. PRICELESS.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Awww, poor Truffles.

My daughter wants one of those things. I took her robe and put it on her backwards and said "there, you got one".

She was not amused!

Claudya Martinez said... Reply to comment

My friend sent out Christmas cards with her, her husband, and their dog in red Snuggies surrounded by Christmas decor. They were awesome!

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

Are you going to be one of those families who all wear the same outfit? Please tell me the answer is no.

Sarah said... Reply to comment

Love my Snuggie. My father-in-law accidentally ordered four when he meant to order one for my mother-in-law.
I love the Weezer Snuggie, too.

gv said... Reply to comment

That.is.AWESOME!!! Our dogs are huge animals so they could never get a Snuggie...I'd be the only one so since Snuggies are meant for group humiliation then I guess I'm left out of that party. Hope your farm is doing good!

Actuary Mom said... Reply to comment

Stopping by from SITS.

We got snugggies for Christmas (human versions). They are so odd. I just use it as a blanket and not the proper way.

I didn't realize they had non-human versions.

Chicken said... Reply to comment

I got my Snuggie for my anniversary last year..yes that's right my husband knows not to mess with chocolates or flowers. I would love to have a dog, almost for the sole purpose of dressing it in a Snuggie. You should totally post that on http://hipsterpuppies.tumblr.com and your welcome in advance for showing you that site.

notquiteawake said... Reply to comment

So, when I first started reading your post and I saw the name Jamie I thought, "I totally don't remember saying that! Did I say that? That does sound like something I totally would say. Maybe I did say that. Maybe she can read my mind!" But then I realized that you weren't talking about me at all and apparently there are more people named Jamie out there. Which is awesome. Anyways, I probably would have said something like that eventually because I LOVE my snuggie. And I was also one of those who initially poo pooed them but then I got one as a gift and I now think it's the best thing ever. How are they so soft and warm and snuggly? How?! It's magic, that's what it is.
Also, I love your pictures.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said... Reply to comment

Clearly Jamie's are awesome across the board. That's why YOU need a Twitter!

(notquiteawake Jamie) - And yes, I am so with you about the magic of Snuggies. I mean they aren't heavy at all, but keep a person SO WARM. It's truly a mind boggling experience!

foxy said... Reply to comment

SO FREAKING FUNNY. Sadly, I think those dog snuggies would be too big for my chihuahuas. Or else I'd totally be ordering one right now.

jessalyn said... Reply to comment

this.is.amazing.

we tried to put the office dog (i work in a home office, so she lives here) in a snuggie but it didn'e fit right, and she was pissed.

i still don't one for me. sads.

Salt said... Reply to comment

I feel very uncool now because I don't have a Snuggie. Do you think maybe they have a Baltimore Ravens themed one? Because if so...MINE!!

Also I would like to make one edit...cats do require slightly more attention than house plants. I am just speaking from experience. It's mostly because house plants don't throw up on my rug.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I don't even have words for this.

Lindsay Rudolph said... Reply to comment

I am proud to admit that I LOVE my Snuggie. Hubby got one for me as a gag gift for my birthday. Turns out it was one of the best gifts ever!

My advice to those unsure of the Snuggie, "Don't knock it until you rock it!"

Daisygirl said... Reply to comment

haha, you can't have just one! I was watching Cougar town with Courtney Cox and was cracking up at the episode because the cast was all in her living room wearing snuggies!

The Random Blogette said... Reply to comment

I love it! I have the leopard print snuggie. My neighbors bought it for me for my 30th in September. Since I am getting old I need something to warm my cold, brittle bones! My kids both want snuggies but I am being selfish and won't buy them one...yet. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love your comments!

Hutch said... Reply to comment

So I'm waaay behind on the Snuggie craze, plus having one in California just seems silly. I just blast my heat when I'm cold, totally energy conscious :)

Jackie said... Reply to comment

hahahaha!!! love it! Poor Truff....she has the same look on her face that our last dog (Troi) did when we dressed her up in a red felt doggie scarf with holly on it and reindeer antlers....oh, the humiliation of it all!! ;) I may have to put that pic up on my blog sometime soon here.

We talked about getting one for my mom and dad's dog as a gag gift but declined since it was $10. yes, we're cheap. ;) Plus, their dog is so old, small, deaf, and blind and has already fallen down the stairs at my house once, so we figured we probably shouldn't tempt fate. ;)

Joann Mannix said... Reply to comment

Hi Amanda! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Oh, you've got the big love for the furry guys, too, I see.
LOVE those snuggies, especially the leopard spotted one. My puppies don't seem to mind clothing, but my big dawg, OMG! She gets completely depressed. Like your pup, she will not move, if you put something on her. She just hangs her head in total humiliation. If we do try to force her to move, she does it very painfully. And if you pick up one of her dog sweaters and just show it to her, she flees the room like you're coming after her with live grenades. It's the funniest thing ever!

Sarah With Scissors said... Reply to comment

That is truly man's best friend... what other friend do you have that you can dress up in the most rediculous outfit, take pictures to capture it for eternity, and then post it where the world can see and they still run you over with excitement when you walk in the door?

Allyson said... Reply to comment

So just to be clear, you and I both have leopard print Snuggies and your hubs and my mom both have UK snuggies? Awesomesauce. Those things are so warm. And by warm, I mean wicked freaking hot. And we're WAY north from you. I have no idea how you use it more than 4 times a year.
Dear Truffles,
I will save you. You will not have to wear rhinestone collars or pink Snuggies ever again. Except maybe bunny ears at Easter. And devil horns at Halloween. But that's it. Swearsies.
Love,
Your new NORMAL mommy
Those are totally fantastic and I hope you're sporting UK Snuggie attire for the UK v UT game tomorrow!

Carol said... Reply to comment

I don't have a dog so it was fun to see your pics!

Happy SITS Saturday!

Kitty Deschanel said... Reply to comment

Ooooooh, look at that adorable little face! Humiliating, but snuggly! I'm going to order Snuggies for Pica and Biscuit right now :)

How fun would a photo gallery site dedicated to nothing but dogs wearing Snuggies be??

Lamb’s Most Recent (FUNNY) Post:HGTV Dream Home: I Know Who’s Going To Win

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said... Reply to comment

Love the fam pic in Snuggies!

We have a slanket and we love it.

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

That is SO adorable! I don't think my dogs would go for it, unfortunately.

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails