So remember two days ago when I wrote this post about how I couldn't wait for 2010 to get here and my words were overflowing with excitement, joy and love? Pretend like that didn't happen. Read this instead.
During the first 3 hours we were awake on New Years Day, my husband accidentally stepped on my laptop and cracked the screen. It was both our bads, I shouldn't keep my laptop in the floor and he shouldn't step on things that clearly feel like a computer and not the floor. Luckily it can be fixed as long as I part with $199 of my hard earned money and send it to Texas for 7 to 10 business days.
At that point I was all, OK, twenty-ten, I see how this is going to go. You're going to try and break me the very first day of the year. Well, listen, you're not going to get me to crack that easily, try a little harder. And you guys? I should know better than to idly threaten the new year.
Today I stained some shelves that Hubby made for me. I thought they were completely covered and came back inside. A few minutes later Hubby comes in and says, "Honey, I'm not trying to be mean, but there were some spots you missed. Don't worry, Dad is getting them, but I wanted to tell you." And I just have a mini-meltdown right then and there because I do not take criticism of any kind very well. There goes the resolution about being patient and positive.
Then we went to dinner at Steak and Shake. There was this dude who came in and he had wild hair, a button up shirt, smart-person-professor glasses, a National Parks magazine and Florida Gator PJ pants. I told Hubby that this dude is probably a professor who is, like, a genius but can't relate to anyone on a personal level and sometimes forgets where he is or what he is doing because he's thinking about history or physics or philosophy.
A couple hours later, we're all sitting at church. I look down and realize I have on one brown boot and one black boot. I mean honestly, what the heck is wrong with me? I can't even make the too-smart-for-my-own-good excuse! And then I do the stupiest thing possible and tell everybody I can. Like my in-laws and husband AND THE ENTIRE INTERNET.
How's the new year going for you guys so far?

2 comments:
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your computer. I sit mine on the floor sometimes as well so that's become one of my biggest concerns.
I have to admit. Once I had on two different black shoes. I was mortified.
My year ended with two feet of snow, some idiot slamming my car and taking off and a last-minute furlough day at work. My year is beginning with another five-day round of furloughs, more snow and not being able to get my car to a shop because I can't get out of this snow.
Call me a downer if you will, but I'm not too optimistic!
Post a Comment
Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.