to suck the Christmas joy right out of you!
I work in marketing and PR. I'm the Web editor, so my job really isn't so much PR as marketing. Bascially I stay in my cubicle all day fixing the internet.
Occasionally I help out with media on-call. I'm one of 4 people in the office who volunteer to carry around a pager evenings and weekends for a week at a time every 6 weeks. However, our media relations coordinator recently left, so the on-call team is pitching in where we're needed for primary media.
This week has been a doozy. Is there a full moon this week or something? Or maybe it's that every student reporter in Gainesville is trying to finish up those last minute reports before the semester ends.
The other day I got one in which the student reporter asked if I could connect her with an expert to talk about "those brain scans that were going crazy across the country". I told her I had no clue what she was talking about and that she'd need to send the wire story on which she'd gotten the idea. She sent me this story about dangerous amounts of radiation that were found in medical scanners in California. CALIFORNIA. You shall draw your own conclusions as to whether or not we assisted this story.
Today was probably the worst. I'm drained. I have company coming in next week and then more the week after. There is so much laundry to be folded and the kitchen is a train wreck. I have no energy to either fix myself dinner or get dinner out. I just want to lay here in my PJs and watch tv. And maybe nap. And hope my awesomely lame pager doesn't go off.
And my dog just farted and then smelled her own hind end.
There's no point to this post except to tell you guys I might die of starvation tonight. :)
2 comments:
Ohhh Amanda! Haha! I hope the pager doesn't keep going off! So did I tell you work offered to transfer me to Florida if I wanted it. I politely turned it down lol
You missed out, Florida is amazing! LOL
Post a Comment
Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.