Saturday, December 5, 2009

Lego Indiana Jones game for Wii: Why you should not buy it and spend money on something awesome instead


Hubby and I love playing the Lego series on Wii. The game has lego people instead of real looking characters. The Lego people go through the game, which has a storyline that mirrors the actual movie on which it's based. Throughout the game, the Lego people have to complete each chapter and also destroy pieces of the scenery -- also Legos. They also build Lego things that help the characters move through the level. Destroying and building gives the players little coins that the characters collect, and by colecting a certain amount during each level, you become a True Adventurer, Jedi, Hero, etc (it varies depending on which game you're playing).

The first that came out was Star Wars Legos. I think it mirrored the second bunch of Star Wars movies that recently came out. Then came the original Star Wars movies, then Lego Indiana Jones, then Lego Batman and now Lego Indiana Jones 2. I think Lego Harry Potter comes out next year.

Now I am not a gamer. I have terrible hand-eye-coordination and very little actual experience with game systems. When every other kid in the world had a Nintendo, my sister and I were rocking the Commodore 64 and lots of educational games. Anyway, I mostly hate games on gaming systems except for Rock Band and the Lego series. What's not to love about these Lego games? The characters are precious, it isn't difficult or complicated and the best part? YOU NEVER DIE. If you "die" you just lost coins and come right back.


Batman was my favorite, followed by Star Wars, but the one we just bought (Lego Indiana Jones 2)is not fun AT ALL.  We usually really enjoy playing it together, but this was just too difficult for me. It was confusing and we kept getting stuck in certain areas. In one level last night, the character had to drive around in the dark and pick up balloons, and because it was dark in the game, Hubby kept driving the car off the cliff. I mean balloons? Really? Was that in the movie? I have no idea why balloons. All I know is that it lead to a bunch of yelling adn then me giving up and going with something I understand and am good at -- Farmville.

Anyway, not sure any of you who read this are gamers or care at all, but just in case you or your significant others ARE gamers, save your money and buy something else! Totally not worth it!

2 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

Hey, I'm all about Farmville. I bought a Wii about 6 months after they came out. Rocked out GH and afterwards got bored with it. I gave it to my uncle and have no regrets.

Karla said... Reply to comment

We play all these games too and I admit, Indy 2 is really hard. If you give it another chance though you might start to like it. My hubby is a big gamer and almost wanted to take it back but once he started to unlock the other areas (Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull Pts 2 & 3) it did get a lot better.

Don't give up!

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails