Monday, October 19, 2009

Perspective

I worked from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. I spent those 12 hours doing something I love.

I was so  tired from the day trip to Disney. I was physically and financially able to go to Disney.

I spent longer with my coworkers than with my husband today. My coworkers are people with whom I truly enjoy spending time.

I gave the same speech about the new Trauma center to employees at the open house for about two hours. I spent two hours in an amazing facility before it opened. How many people get to do that in their lives?

I got home late. I have a home to come home to.

I spent another $45 dollars at the store. I saved $58.

My muscles ache from standing so long. I'm able to stand.
 
There are a lot of things to complain about in life. A LOT. But if you dig deeper, there are lots more things that you (me, all of us) are blessed to have. Do you ever just have a moment of clairty, or maybe lots of little moments, that make you realize what you have? I've been feeling so incredibly blessed lately. I believe God gives you those moments for a reason -- perspective, joy, peace. At the end of the day, warm in my bed with my husband by my side and cats at my feet, I really don't that that much to complain about at all.

No, during those moments, life can't get any better.

4 comments:

OneMom said... Reply to comment

hmmm...thanks! That was a good one!

Jackie said... Reply to comment

Absolutely!!!! Those moments are great! I had one watching tv tonight. We finally got around to watching Ghost Hunters from last week, where they were at a fort in Canada built in 1812 or somewhere around there. Just thinking back about how little they had, how people were held prisoner during the wars and some had very short, hard lives - plus they didn't have running water! ;) I felt very thankful that I am able to complain at times about my "bad day" when really, I have it pretty good and cushy and am really downright spoiled.

A few years ago (it was during the last Christmas/New Year's holiday we spent in IA) and I remember hubby was home in our big farmhouse watching tv, I was in the den part of the living area on the computer, the house was clean, candles burning, a beautiful winter scene outside, nowhere we had to go or be (since it was a holiday) and all four kitties were laying on a pillow sleeping. They had arranged themselves in the most perfect pose - all 4 on one big pillow. I couldn't have arranged it better myself. So I took a couple of pics (before my digital camera days) and *prayed* for one to turn out. Well, got the pics back and had one of my favorite pics of all time - all four laying together, looking up at the camera, happy. It was one of those perfect moments (for me) and every time I look at that picture I think of how blessed I truly am. :)

Mel said... Reply to comment

Something so simple brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for this today. We all need a change in perspective and this is great.

Allison said... Reply to comment

This is great! (You knew I'd think so) Seriously, you saved 58 bucks at the store? High Five!

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails