Friday, October 9, 2009

Mother nature is cooking us in her crock pot

I know that anyone up north who reads this will probably not even want to hear it, but you guys, it's SO HOT IN FLORIDA.

My friend at work heard a great explanation of why this phenomena is happening. Apparently there is a high pressure system that is just parked over Florida, and it's exciting the molecules and that makes them heat up dramatically, sort of like how a microwave works. So the entire state of Florida is being microwaved right now.

I honestly don't remember it being this hot the past two summers we've lived here, and it definitely wasn't this hot last October. I remember this time last year when we had a week long cold snap and there was a picture on the front page of the paper with kids in sweaters, and now I'm so unreasonably angry with those children for wearing sweaters.

Today we had an event at work that was outside. My boss planned it; he put lots of time and effort into making it perfect, but unfortunately was not able to plan the weather. So we sweated it out for like 5 hours. The had to rush order those paper fans so people could stay cool. It was a great turnout, and at least it didn't rain.

Looks like we're in for a few more sweltering days until I can start complaining about it being too cold.

1 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said... Reply to comment

I wish I was down there right now because it was pretty chilly here today!

Post a Comment

Fulfill your burning desire to discuss my blog. Go on, just cliky below and type your thoughts. I'm listening.

Related Posts with Thumbnails